What's new

Thomas Warburton 1770-1835, how much you would pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much you would pay for Thomas Warburton, Lisbon Cast Steel 1770-1835 straight razor? It hasn't been restored yet. Help me figure this out, please.

$Warburton.jpg

Unfortunately the very old stub tails are almost always in poor shape and deeply pitted. Also, those may or may not be the original scales. I've seen oldies like this one posted go for as high as $70 and as low as $40, and I've seen many go unsold as "buy it now" for $200. (note "unsold")

Mike H

Instagram Famous
From moderator, The Nid Hog in another thread...

Guys, I've been seeing lots of threads about estimates and appraisals lately. Remember that we discourage talk about pricing gear. It's OK to give somebody a tip about how to avoid getting taken for a ride on a razor or a brush, but let's not get too deep into the sales talk.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gents, as already mentioned, B&B isn't an appraisal site. We are more into the care and use than the cost and resale value.
As such, asking values here isn't generally accepted behavior - nor is giving estimates beyond the occasional friendly "don't pay $100 for that Travel Tech in the vinyl pouch"

Frequently members can be counted on to help out other members who are seeking to identify a make or a year, but even this behavior has to be tempered with the realization that some eBay sellers would truly like the opportunity to use B&B's member knowledge base as a lazy way to optimize their sales without having to invest in the B&B community beyond an odd post here and there asking for info.

No implication that any of that is going on here, simply stating that all B&B members, asking and answering, should be aware that B&B is a community of shaving gear users, and not an appraisal or identification service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom