What's new

XTG direction

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I'm old and set in my ways, but while perusing youtube I noticed that the videos of people demonstring SR shaving, when they got to the XTG, they all started at the ear went forward to the mouth. Now all this time I've been going the opposite direction, from the corner of my mouth to my ear and it got me to wondering, am I the odd-duck here that does an XTG this way? That's how my Dad did it, and that's how I do it. I doubt it makes any difference, but does anyone XTG the direction I do?

I did try from ear to mouth, but quickly realized, nah, not for me. I have a ritual that works and I'm not mucking with it. I do have a handlebar mustache and a goatee, so I guess I don't want to run the risk of accidentally lopping a part off, besides, I like doing all my shaving on the right side with my right hand and vice-versa.

Steve

Last edited:
No reason to change just because others do the opposite of what you do. I'm new to straights, but in the DE world, I subscribe to a slightly different pass method that works for me over what is the "norm". If it works well, keep doing what you are doing!

One xtg most of the time

Prefer ear to mouth but have done both. Like you are afraid of catching your 'stash, I am afraid of catching my ear - they are quite large - so I stay away from them - except when shaving my head. I can't imagine one way being generally superior for everyone - but certainly individuals will have experience that dictates a preference.

Same here, when I do XTG its almost always mouth to ear, but sometimes I'll do it the other way. I guess what I'm saying is so what? As long as it works for you and it does the desired results who's to say whats right or wrong? Remember its your shave, and that's all that matters.

Top Bottom