What's new

Worst-smelling shaving cream?

After not using Proraso since the end of the summer, I dusted my green tube off this morning and shaved with it. While whipping up some lather, I was immediately struck by how awful the stuff smelled, and I couldn't believe I've never noticed it before! Like a cross between wet dog and something else no-so-pleasant (could that be the lanolin?)

So, without further ado, I cast my vote for worst-smelling (but wonderful-working) shave cream: Green Proraso.

So, without further ado, I cast my vote for worst-smelling (but wonderful-working) shave cream: Green Proraso.[/QUOTE]

+1--The smell is awfull

Vicco cream from India really takes some getting used to in the olfactory department. It contains turmeric which gives it a very unusual scent. The stuff makes a helluva good lather though.

I got several samples from Trumper and loved them all except for the Sandalwood. It smelled so awful I had to throw it away.

Worst smell - I'm torn between GFT Violet and Proraso....I'll give the tie breaker to Proraso because the performance is awful for me on top of the smell and it makes my skin feel bad too, whereas I like the GFT Violet's performance.

Best smell - QED Wild Rose (this week)

Taylor's Shaving Shop.

Putrescent.

Let me know when you can pop it off in the mail...I love Shave Shop and will do my duty to take it off your hands.:thumbup:

I had a viscerally bad reaction to Taylor's Lavender and had to trade it ASAP.:eek:

Gave it to Ron for a similar tub of Taylor's Rose which was heaven-scent!:lol:

Mine was the SCS Very V cream. It's available on the SCS web site, so there must be buyers, but I traded it off as soon as I could. Never even shaved with it. Smelled like moldy cigars on a hot day.

jim

Let me know when you can pop it off in the mail...I love Shave Shop and will do my duty to take it off your hands.:thumbup:

I had a viscerally bad reaction to Taylor's Lavender and had to trade it ASAP.:eek:

Gave it to Ron for a similar tub of Taylor's Rose which was heaven-scent!:lol:

If you dont want your tub of shaving shop you can send it to me for proper disposal!

Top Bottom