What's new

I think I'll call it "RADzilla"

I'd suggest more bevel setting work first, that is often where the culprit lay.

And I agree with Doc, don't get crazy with too much tape. 2 is plenty

Thanks again, guys. I'll try another round and see where that goes. I may also hold off on shaving with it until I can finish it off on my coticule when it arrives.

I would not add more tape, 2 is more than enough, sounds like you have a good bevel, likely needs more work on the finishing stone. To get a comfortable shave off a 8K stone takes lots of work.

Adding too much tape can lead to issues as the tape compresses just enough to lift the very edge off the stone.

+1

If it's popping hair, the bevel is set which means most of the hard work (especially on a wedge blade) is done. The blade needs further polishing after the 8K; unless you have a 12K stone, you would have to wait for your coticle to arrive to make the edge smoother and skin friendly.

Nonetheless you should be proud that you set a bevel on this type of a razor. :thumbup1:

Nonetheless you should be proud that you set a bevel on this type of a razor. :thumbup1:

Oh believe me, I'm surprised I was able to get it this far with the edge being completely blunt to start and also considering the geometry of the blade in general. The edge on this thing (even in this incomplete state) coming from the hands of a complete honing noob is nothing short of a miracle. :laugh:

Top Bottom