What's new

G'day All

Found B&B while researching my new found art of shaving (going to kit up for the full straight razor experience). There appears to be precious little online stores in Aus and even fewer brick and mortar shops so the internet has been a great tool, and from what I've read so far B&B is a sensational source of information and camaraderie.

Cheers,

D

D - Welcome to B&B! This is the place you needed to find so your searching is over...its good to have you here.

Glad your here, This place is chalk full of great information an all around fantastic bunch of folks for sure. Enjoy the ride....

Welcome aboard
And, yep, there's not much to gladden your heart by way of shaving gear in Oz.
That said, things are improving on the software side. Proraso has a local site, T&H has a local site, Provence Sante is available in... Melbourne, and there are the good folk at C&E and L'Occitane on every second corner. As for hardware, I have found very little and nothing that even begins to compare to the range available on-line from retailers in the US and Europe.

Cheers

Jeremy

D,
Welcome! There are a few other Aussies on B&B so you might be able to search out some posts about places to order from locally.

Hey, I see Jeremy and Rocco have already chimed in. Happy hunting!

Hi D and all

I too am from Australia - Perth, Western Australia.

After a month of contemplation and research I have taken the plunge and decided to take on the Double Edge challenge.

I noted your comment about the lack of good online stores down under. I have ordered my razor and accessories from a Australian online store called Art of Man artofman.com.au

The range is not great but not bad either. I have ordered the Merkur Futur for 80 Australian dollars (around 68 US dollars) which compared well to the Amazon price of 66 US dollars. I was tempted to get the Merkur Vision but was totally intimidated by that Monster!! Maybe when I am a bit more experienced.

I expect my new friend to arrive early next week. I will be back to let you know how I have gone.

I have read a lot (on this forum particularly) and watched all the videos but I am still a bit nervous!

This forum has been a great source of information.

Nice I didn't realise that there are quite a few Australians on this forum!
I agree with the lack of shaving shops in oz. Those Shaver Shop franchises are absolutely pathetic!!
Classicshaving.com is excellent in my experience. I have ordered from them several times and they usually deliver the goods within 7 days which is excellent! especially considering that stuff I order locally takes longer

Top Bottom