What's new

G'day All

Paul,

I had found artofman as well though their range for straight razors, which is what I'm after, isn't that flash at the moment. I'm hoping to use them for top ups of creams and whatnot but from the comments I've read it seems as though classicshaving.com is the place to go (and thanks for the comment on local experience OzNick - if they can deliver to Australia without fuss then that pretty much seals the deal for mine).

Cheers,

D

Hi D and all

Art of Man artofman.com.au

The range is not great but not bad either. I have ordered the Merkur Futur for 80 Australian dollars (around 68 US dollars) which compared well to the Amazon price of 66 US dollars.

From what I've seen, Artofman lists this razor at Aus $94.95 but is offering a discounted price to Aus $80.71 (US $70.52),
Classic shaving has this razor at US$54.99

That's more than a 28% price difference.

Cheers

Jeremy

Gents, with the ridiculous prices we pay for things in Oz, you are IMO better off ordering online. I have had good expereinces with the guys at Shaving Essentials. My HD cost A$27 v A$100 at a retailer in the city...

Gents, with the ridiculous prices we pay for things in Oz, you are IMO better off ordering online.

+++++ on this. Many of the shaving products, and non-shaving products, mentioned on B&B are up to double the price in Australia. I've seen some (Proraso for example) at more than double. I can understand that there is a cost difference between Australia and the US, and that the size of the Australian market and shipping costs play a part in the smaller selection and higher prices. But there's a limit to what I am prepared to over-pay in order to purchase locally.

When I choose to purchase products overseas, I often email the local retailer and let them know in the hope that they choose to lift their game.

End of rant.

Cheers

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy

Obviously I hadn't researched well enough.

I used Amazon as, what I thought to be, a reasonable benchmark (I buy my HDDVDs through them and they are very well priced compared to many other online retailers).

I will check out classic shaving in the future.

Regards, Paul

Hey Paul

I love Amazon, a great resource, and I often find that I can purchase a hardback, landed in Oz, for the same price as a paperback bought locally (sounding like a broken record here).

I purchased my first DE razor and a badger brush through one of the shaver shop branches in Sydney, so pretty much started the way you did... paying over the odds. I found Classic shaving through B&B and also Lee's Razors and have had great service and prices from both. I have also purchased soaps through the Sue's and bought razors through the B/S/T forum on B&B and found shipping costs to be very reasonable. On purchases out of the UK you can have the hefty VAT deducted. All of which means that the world's your oyster and you can feed your ADs to your heart's content.

Cheers and happy shopping

Jeremy

Top Bottom