What's new

red tip rocket

i had not used the red tip rocket for a while, so after using aristocrats, edwin jaggers and other fairly mild razors for a few months i decided to bring it into the rotation, now you forget how gentle you have to go with these little pit bull of a razor, result a couple of nicks, but what a close shave when you treat it with a bit of care, when i change from a mild razor to say the fatip, the look of it tells you to be carefull, the red tips on the other hand dont have that aggresive look about them, but boy do they shave close.

Just the appreciation I needed. I got lucky here with my WTB ad. (Got it from a friendly American gentleman). With a little luck I have mine in a day or two. :thumbup:

They are great razors. I don't find them to be all that aggressive, and they always leave me with a great shave.

They are great razors. I don't find them to be all that aggressive, and they always leave me with a great shave.
the brit red tip rocket seems a wee bit more aggressive than the us red tip, well to me anyway, i agree both the brit and us red tips are great shavers, i feel that you have to be a touch more carefull with them , than say a superspeed though.

Thought my Merkur Futur was the ultimate razor however one day I gave a Redtip a try.

Sold the Futur and now only use the Redtip.

Great shave and easy to use.

Would love to get my hands on a Brit Redtip.

I totally agree with you there mate.

For me the order aggressiveness goes like this:

British Red Tip Rocket
British Red Tip SS
US Red Tip SS
i have never tried the brit red tip ss, the rocket version you can feel the blade, kind of like an open comb razor, if you know what i mean.

Thread bump.
Just got a Red Tip Rocket from a B&B member (thanks again David). Really, really like this razor. Noticeably more aggressive than U.S. or English Red Tips but still wouldn't call it an "aggressive" razor. Very enjoyable smooth, close shave. I really like Red Tips and this is a welcome addition to my collection!

I totally agree with you there mate.

For me the order aggressiveness goes like this:

British Red Tip Rocket
British Red Tip SS
US Red Tip SS

I can't argue with that assessment. Matter of fact it's also my order of preference.

I really enjoy each one of these as well. I have to say that the English SS (center) has a special place in my heart. I think it has the best qualities of the 3. More aggressive than the U.S. SS and smoother than the Red tip Rocket. Left: U.S. A4 Red Tip Super Speed, Center: English Red Tip Super Speed, Right: English Red Tip Rocket.
KIMG0185.JPG
What an great trifecta!

I have the '55 and a C1 '57 with the "+" signs on the underside of the baseplate. Could be my imagination but it seems that the "+" Red Tip may be a hair more aggressive. Anyway, can't go wrong with any of these. I will throw in here though that the Flare Tip Rocket is great too. It gives a damn near perfect shave. Man this is a fun hobby!

I have the '55 and a C1 '57 with the "+" signs on the underside of the baseplate. Could be my imagination but it seems that the "+" Red Tip may be a hair more aggressive. Anyway, can't go wrong with any of these. I will throw in here though that the Flare Tip Rocket is great too. It gives a damn near perfect shave. Man this is a fun hobby!

I've shaved with both US red tip variations and can't say I noticed any appreciable difference. Could be an issue of one of your razors not being as tight as the other when twist shut.

Top Bottom