What's new

Shave cream poll

How do you gents prefer to make a lather with your cream?

• A) Take a dollop and mix in a hand bowl with your brush

• B) Run your brush around it a few times then create lather in hand bowl

• C) Run your brush around a few times and create lather on your face

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do you gents prefer to make a lather with your cream?

A) Take a dollop and mix in a hand bowl with your brush

B) Run your brush around it a few times then create lather in hand bowl

C) Run your brush around a few times and create lather on your face

Just interested in what you all do. Currently I have a tub of TOBS so as you know it is pretty soft, I am assuming all creams are this consistency, with soaps being hard.

B or C if it's a tub cream, depending on my mood; unless it's a tube cream, in which case, A.

Sometimes it's "load brush up with shaving SOAP" and then A, for a superlather.

B or C if it's a tub cream, depending on my mood; unless it's a tube cream, in which case, A.

Sometimes it's "load brush up with shaving SOAP" and then A, for a superlather.
I really need to investigate the Shave soaps more. I know people tend to like them more in the summer, but I may search around for one to mix with my cream.

Just getting started, I've found that its easier to lather up the creams. I'm a fan of bowl mixing myself, even with the tubs I'll still take a bit out of the tub and mix it in my bowl. However, I've started to get a bit more curious about the soaps and my AD has kicked int haha so that's going to be my next purchases.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Facelather always for me, and I added a poll, it makes it easier to vote and see in a blink the results.

With soft creams, I take a dollop with a finger, spread it on my face and then go to work with my brush.
With croaps, I either load from the tub or put a dollop in a bowl. Sometimes I try to spread them on my face but can end up with lumps of croap under the lather.
So, there you go, I sometimes use options a or c but mainly one not listed (dollop + face lather).

What is a hand bowl? Is that talking about using your hand as a bowl or using a bowl in your hand? When home, I prefer a cream and I mix it in a bowl. When on the road, I use a shave stick and start the mix in the cap of the shave stick, rub the stick on my face and finish with the brush on my face.

Anything to do with creams (tube, tub, hard, or soft) goes on my brush then into the scuttle. How I get the cream on the brush depends on the creams packaging and relative hardness. Tubes are squeezed, tubs are dipped, and hard creams like CF are swirled much like loading a soap. Maybe we need a hardness scale for creams. Something simple, from 1 - 10 like Mohs scale, where lets say .... Proraso is 0 and CF or QCS creams are 10... Yea, we could get a PhD at the university to write a grant proposal...have all the grad students work on it for free...copyright and patent the results...make all the manufactures label products with the cream scale to protect consumers......

Got a little out if control there Dan

Top Bottom