What's new

About to Pinaud Clubman myself

I personally love Clubman original, I think a little bit about Brut when I put it on...some scent similarities there I think but Clubman is my first choice less I am feeling nostalgic of my teens then I choose Brut lol. Excellent aftershave, can't go wrong there.

I love the smell of Clubman and Vitalis in the morning! I am even thinking of selling my Floids and Proraso to solely use Pinaud's and Thayers............No nevermind I will keep them all.

Since I got the two bottles of Clubman, I've used nothing else.... Except one day last week where I used 'Red' by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Today I'm back to Clubman original :thumbup1:

I like Clubman a lot more than I thought I would.

I can't say the same for Lilac Vegetal - glad I only got a 1/2 oz. sample.

Will try the rest of the line though, based on Clubman alone.

i'm not a fragrance guy at all, I usually prefer the lingering mild scent of mwf as plenty of scent for me, even most deodorant's are too strong for me.
I picked up some Clubman at walgreens today for the hell of it. Wow, immediatly took me back to my childhood haircuts at the barber in Indiana (mid 80's in my case). I love that scent, i can see using this one regularly. Sill a bit strong for me, i think i'll mix it with some witch hazel to make it a bit milder, but I love the smell and am glad I picked some up.

Use it wisely my friend, and approach it with caution. You may get the sudden urge to buy every product in the Clubman line (even Lilac Vegetol). You have been warned.
That's where I'm at now! I've been using the Clubman and Lilac Vegetal (when I can get the LV) for several years now. I've always enjoyed everything about both of them, including the old school look of the bottles. Several weeks ago I was at Walgreens and saw the Virgin Island Bay Rum, which I had never noticed before. I realized it is a Pinaud product, opened the cap (yes, I admit, damaging that little Pinaud plastic thingie they put around the neck of the bottle and cap) to take a whiff and put a bit on my fingers and went home and asked my wife to smell my fingers (!). She told me it smelled horrible with a very straight face, and as we have been together ten years and I have begun to understand her stoic sense of humor I knew she actually liked it. I went back the next day and bought the same bottle (so as not to stick the next guy with my damaged goods, my apologies to whoever ended up with my ex!) and a week or two later decided to look for the Lilac Vegetal, which I hadn't had in a few years. I was pleasantly surprised to find it widely available on the internet, and ordered a 12 oz. bottle. Now, I'm hooked! I ordered a bottle of Special Reserve next, then the other day I went nuts and ordered the Clubman Vanilla and Citrus Musk, as well as some Clubman shampoo, which has yet to arrive. I am, of course, waiting with a worm on my tongue (baited breath) for their arrival. Yup, McJAGGER, I have been warned. But I'm goin' in anyway. I've had a lot worse habits in my life! ;)

That's where I'm at now! I've been using the Clubman and Lilac Vegetal (when I can get the LV) for several years now. I've always enjoyed everything about both of them, including the old school look of the bottles. Several weeks ago I was at Walgreens and saw the Virgin Island Bay Rum, which I had never noticed before. I realized it is a Pinaud product, opened the cap (yes, I admit, damaging that little Pinaud plastic thingie they put around the neck of the bottle and cap) to take a whiff and put a bit on my fingers and went home and asked my wife to smell my fingers (!). She told me it smelled horrible with a very straight face, and as we have been together ten years and I have begun to understand her stoic sense of humor I knew she actually liked it. I went back the next day and bought the same bottle (so as not to stick the next guy with my damaged goods, my apologies to whoever ended up with my ex!) and a week or two later decided to look for the Lilac Vegetal, which I hadn't had in a few years. I was pleasantly surprised to find it widely available on the internet, and ordered a 12 oz. bottle. Now, I'm hooked! I ordered a bottle of Special Reserve next, then the other day I went nuts and ordered the Clubman Vanilla and Citrus Musk, as well as some Clubman shampoo, which has yet to arrive. I am, of course, waiting with a worm on my tongue (baited breath) for their arrival. Yup, McJAGGER, I have been warned. But I'm goin' in anyway. I've had a lot worse habits in my life! ;)
I received my order today. Funny thing, when I got home my wife pointed out that the delivery driver had dropped off the wrong package; it was addressed to someone a couple of streets away. I called the delivery company and within 10 minutes the guy had arrived and exchanged the packages! Anyway, my expectation was this: The Vanilla will be wonderful, the Citrus Musk MIGHT be okay, and I think I might like the shampoo. Well, at first sniff I did not like the Vanilla at all, LOVED the shampoo, amd LOVED the Citrus Musk. The Citrus Musk takes me back to my late older brothers in the 1970s. I'm not sure what lime aftershave they used back then, but this one is familiar. A couple of hours later, I sniffed the Vanilla again, and this time I liked it a bit more. The chemical/alcohol smell was not as forward, and it just smelled a lot better. I imagine by tomorrow morning's shave it will smell as good as the Clubman itself!

Top Bottom