What's new

About to Pinaud Clubman myself

Looks like I was over cautious yesterday when I use SR as it certainly didn't last as long as I thought it would - Nice smell though.

I'm picked up a couple of atomisers I'm going to use for the Clubman stuff, I think it'll be easier to control and be constant with the quantities through a squirter.

I love Clubman AS. I'll also add the wife loves it as well, which is always a plus. But I never get tired of it, it's my go-to splash. I haven't run across the SR yet but will pick it up for a try if I run across it in a B&M. If you're feeling brave definitely give Vegetal a shot. It's really a love it or hate it fragrance. It smells much different on the skin compared to in the bottle, especially after the alcohol evaporates off, so don't be intimidated by the bottle sniff!

Used the aftershave this morning and oh, it's fantastic. It smells far nicer on than sniffing the bottle.
Sniffing the bottle can be a scary experience for those who do not know it is an aftershave! :)

For those in Massahusetts, Price Chopper has the Original for much less compared to Walgreen's or CVS.

I just ordered some more Clubman. What I like about this is that if you like it there are ways to get it very cheaply. I just ordered the 16 oz version for $10 shipped. I now have 6 oz bottles of SR,Vanilla, Musk, Virgin Island Bay Rum, Clubman, and now with this 16 ox Clubman I don't think I will ever need to buy more aftershave :)

Avon Black Suede aftershave lotion actually works great - I don't know why people turn up their noses at Avon;s products. I found it to be fine.

I use the Clubman 200th Anniversary as my everyday after shave splash/scent. I also use The Special Reserve.

I have a bottle of Creed and Aqua Di Parma, and I prefer the scent of the Clubman much better.

Dave

After a few days of using both the original and SR products, I really like them both and they're very different from each other.

I've put them in an atomiser and with SR, I'm finding that the optimal is two sprays to each wrist, I then dab from my wrists to my neck. I then add a single spray to my chest and finally one spray into the palm of my hand and splash that on my face like aftershave. The amount coming from each squirt really isn't very much and this isn't in any way overpowering.

I'd really quite like a cologne to complement the standard aftershave if anyone has any suggestions.

I personally wouldn't layer regular Clubman with another cologne. It's pretty assertive on its own. On occassion, I've added a touch of Clubman to the Veg, but that's about it. I find that Clubman stands alone just fine for hours.

Used Clubman SR yesterday. Kind of shocking at first, but it gets milder after about a half hour. Smoky, woodsy smell to it. Tried the Pinaud Musk today, very different from SR. Closer to the traditional Clubman.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
After a few days of using both the original and SR products, I really like them both and they're very different from each other.
Feek:
proxy.php
...and I'm glad you're liking Clubman & SR my shaving friend (my scent of choice is Citrus Musk!!),...and now;
proxy.php
You're a proud member (along with anyone using Clubman products), of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a.'The Club')".

I will now administer (written by our scribe, member Mario [a.k.a. Gatsby]), the Order of Pinaud sacred Oath...please raise your right hand and repeat after me;

"I do solemnly affirm that I will uphold my membership to the Order of Pinaud (a.k.a "The Club") through my loyalty to the fine A/S, my unwavering dedication to assist all wet shaving

enthusiasts, and to promote the iron-clad fellowship that is B & B.
I do swear this on my sword, my (name your razor), and, my lance, my (name your brush): my weapons of choice in smiting the daily scourge that is my stubble".
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Hard work is the aftershave [and eau de cologne] of accomplishment". Author Unknown

attachment.php

I LOVE the Clubman hair gel!!! I think this is one of the great secrets of male grooming. It has no alcohol, does not irritate the scalp, and has a moderate hold that does not turn to spackle in the hair. My routine is Jeri's hair tonic followed by Clubman gel. That combo smells fantastic, and if I follow it with the Clubman aftershave I have to employ Hai Karate style self defense moves to keep my wife off of me!

I have to try the SR one of these days, love the Clubman.

I have tried atomizing it lately which is a great way to apply. If the scent is too strong for you try watering it down slightly with witch hazel. It dumbs down the scent and burn, and adds the moisturizing properties of WH.

Love this thread. Found a killer sale on the whole product line in the marketplace. Going to order a whole bunch! Also realized the "aftershave" I got from Gary's sample shop is really a hair tonic. Tried it and it works amazing!

+1 on the atomizer. Saw the idea for spray bottle WH and did it with my Bay Rum too. makes application cleaner and more even.

Last edited:
VIBR, Lime Sec, Citrus Musk, Lilac Veg, Clubman, Special Reserve... they're all in my den and get regular use.
Clubman is one that I don't use very often... I need to boost it in the rotation.

Top Bottom