What's a "pass"

What's a pass

• One stroke only on an area

• More than one stroke on an area

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
So if you lathered up and performed 2 with is that just one pass?
No, I re-lather before each 'pass'. :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Don't worry about the [cuts, weepers and] nicks and pick up your life...forget all the bad things, the pain and the strife". Author Unknown

So you could indefinitely do strokes? Are we talking 2 or 3 strokes or 7 or 8 or it doesn't matter. For an area during a pass.

So you could indefinitely do strokes? Are we talking 2 or 3 strokes or 7 or 8 or it doesn't matter. For an area during a pass.

Yes, a pass is the totality of the strokes required to get an area between lathers (usually the whole face, IMO), and that number may or may not be the same every time. I know it isn't for me. One day might be 2 strokes to get the sideburn, another it might be 7.

so, it's lather then 27 swipes of the razor to remove said lather to make the 1st pass. Re-lather, then another 23 swipes of the razor from another direction to make the 2nd pass. Repeat passes and direction changes until BBS is achieved. :thumbup1:

This is exactly where my brain immediately went. Muuullltiipasss! I like the cut of your jib young man!

But back on subject. In my opinion a pass may involve multiple strokes or buffing in areas on the face without need for a full relathering. Though I would advise a little finger application of excess lather from another area or a little dab of the brush to avoid irritating an area where needed.
Once you fully relather you are on to the next pass.
As always YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pass would be the opposite of Run in football.

All kidding aside, a pass would be the shaving of the face in one direction
first pass with the grain
second across the grain
and third if needed would be against
I usually only do a two pass shave though

This is exactly where my brain immediately went. Muuullltiipasss! I like the cut of your jib young man!

But back on subject. In my opinion a pass may involve multiple strokes or buffing in areas on the face without need for a full relathering. Though I would advise a little finger application of excess lather from another area or a little dab of the brush to avoid irritating an area where needed.
Once you fully relather you are on to the next pass.
As always YMMV.

Whew! Glad I wasn't the only one who somehow got sent to Leeloo by the title of this thread. Thanks for backing me up on this random inspiration.

I read it once and considered it a pass. If I read it again I would have said I was buffing.

while i enjoyed the humor for a moment, there are plenty of people that may misinterpret what someone is saying the do as a pass. I know my straight pass is way different than my DE/SE pass.

i said "other" because i feel a pass is when u shave in that direction. a wtg pass, xtg pass, and atg pass. it doesnt matter how many strokes u make in that direction.

Top Bottom