What's new

The Calligraphy Thread

When I was in micheals I was looking at the number five kit since it had italics and a few smaller point nibs to flourish with but there are smaller ones that will just do the italic stuff

The number 5 kit here was 30 bucks so I would think it less money on your side of the border

When I was in micheals I was looking at the number five kit since it had italics and a few smaller point nibs to flourish with but there are smaller ones that will just do the italic stuff

The number 5 kit here was 30 bucks so I would think it less money on your side of the border

Sheaffer's or Speedball?

Speedball the sheaffer stuff is FP not dip, they did have another line of dip stiff but I forget what it was called

The speedball dip kit was $30 here too. I know Micheal's always offers coupons for 40% off everything. I even think they have scanned it off my wife's iphone so make sure you go in with a coupon!

Thanks, I will probably order from Goulets as well when they are all back in stock. The pic was me trying out the Blackletter example included in a dip pen kit. I could probably scan it if you wish.

I would love to see it. Does it show you the steps like the one James posted? I wonder if the parallel comes with anything.

Yes it sows the steps Dave. I will get it up tomorrow.

Wow michaels id pricey. I picked my speedball set up at a local hobby shop, They had a few different sets all priced around $10 And a large selection of nibs sold individually.
Syngent, are you close to the currys' in whitby? they have a good selection. Or order from their website https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm?Category=A173&NBReset=2

No hobby shops near me. :thumbdown

Not even a hobby lobby.

Unless you're into RC vehicles... there are maybe 5 shops dealing with those within about a 10 mile radius.

My scanner at work will only output PDF. But posting a jpg of the insert in the thread won't really do much good.

Follow this link to a high res PDF of the Pilot Parallel insert. It's the same for all 4 pens. It seems like a lot, but the entire thing is translated into 6 languages. Zooming in too 100%, you should be able to see the detail of the stroke numbers for each of the printing styles. Feel free to download the pdf for personal reference.

My scanner at work will only output PDF. But posting a jpg of the insert in the thread won't really do much good.

Follow this link to a high res PDF of the Pilot Parallel insert. It's the same for all 4 pens. It seems like a lot, but the entire thing is translated into 6 languages. Zooming in too 100%, you should be able to see the detail of the stroke numbers for each of the printing styles. Feel free to download the pdf for personal reference.

Cool! My parallel set should be here tomorrow or Friday.

Lol Jessy, Dave counts for two points

Btw I've had no time but tonight ill do my best to get my panel side truck picture up and would love to see if anyone else out there did it too, so you know I can see if its a good idea to do it again... or anyone else who sees stuff out in the wild can post it up as well

Last edited:
Lol Jessy, Dave counts for two points

Btw I've had no time but tonight ill do my best to get my panel side truck picture up and would love to see if anyone else out there did it too, so you know I can see if its a good idea to do it again... or anyone else who sees stuff out in the wild can post it up as well

I am going to do it. I was looking at it last night. I was going to wait till the other pens were here, but I can try my best with the Lamy 1.9, not that the other pen will give me super calligraphy powers!

Here is the scan for that blackletter.

Attachments

• $speedball.jpg
    $speedball.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 172
Top Bottom