What's new

What's your favorite blade for Gillette Tech safety razors?

Been trying some blades with my new Tech (which I love!) and was curious what blades you all use when shaving with a Tech? I shied away from the sharp blades in the Merkur I was learning with but after discovering how mild and comfy the Tech is, I want to try the sharper blades. I tried a Gillette Platinum Blue that Shaverjoe PIFed to me and I loved it, but I'm wondering what else I should try in my trusty Tech?

Thanks! :biggrin1:

I find it is tolerant of most blades for me. The best results have been with Iridium and Med Prep Personna blades.

I also love the Gillette Tech. The last couple off months I have been using a Brithish aluminum Tech solely because I am doing a blade testing round which is almost done. The sharper blades are also prefered by me in the Tech. Which are the Bic chrome platinum and the Astra SS and SP.

The Feather is often mentioned as a great combination with the Tech. I have no experience with it yet though.

I found the tech to be a little mild for me, my go-to razor is a Gillette New. The tech did work well with a Polsilver and great with an Astra SP, i have some Israeli blades that are great and would be good in a Tech, I suggest you get a sample pack or maybe we could all PIF you a few of our favorite blades.

Tried a Bic chrome, it was pretty good, and I really like Astra's, but my favorite blade so far is the Gillette Black. I'm trying a Feather tomorrow morning, so I'll see how that one does.

Top Bottom