What's new

Stay away from Country Uncle Shaving Kit

I received a Country Uncle DE kit for Christmas as a gift and couldn't wait to jump into the world of wet shaving. I'm guessing my parents purchased this kit because it seemed like a decent product for the price. I wish I would have browsed this site before and advised them! This kit is terrible.

The biggest problem is the brush. The description claims that it comes with a high quality badger shaving brush. Just tell my sink that, because as we speak I am waiting for the Drano to work! In the 3 weeks I have been we shaving I can honestly say its lost 1/3 of its bristles, especially in the last few days. It turned my relaxing Sunday morning shave into an annoying experience today. My face was covered with bristles. I have followed all the directions of drying too, making sure to gently shake and wring out and used the stand to air dry.

The chrome stand it came with was tarnished when I took it out of the box. This really wasn't a big deal to me, but now that there is a problem with everything else it is very annoying.

The razor itself at least gets the job done. It is very light, which caused me to have trouble applying pressure. I will at least be salvaging that and making it my travel razor. Hopefully TSA will do me a favor and remove it from my bag so I can justify buying a new one to my wife.

I have since purchased a new razor (Edwin Jagger DE86), which is amazing, and am waiting on an Omega 11047 brush. I wish I would have done my research first and put together a custom kit first, it would have ended up saving us money and some bad shaves!

~Mike

Welcome to B&B. I definitely understand your frustration with that brush. While a good brush will lose one or two here and there, it sounds like you've got a completely faulty knot.

Top Bottom