What's new

Now I did it to myself. P.160 broken hearted.

I've been reading all these wonderful reviews, especially Marco's, about P.160 Tipo Morbido and my mouth watered. I bought a Kilo brick of Cella and I loved it. Then I saw that Italian Barber still sells small jars of P.160.

I told myself: "Wait, good friend. It's a stupid idea. Maybe you're gonna like it. And you're gonna miss it when it's gone. Be nice to yourself and don't try it. So you won't know what you're missing."

Smart, ain't I.

But no, there go I and order it anyway. And see, he lathered it and it was good. Unearthly good, that is.

Now I stare at my mini jar of P.160 and have this empty feeling, as if a lover had just left for good. How stupid can you be?

Maybe I should buy the 9999$ brick at Italian Barber. :letterk1:

Florian

Was referring to the (European) stick which is my go-to soap at the moment but was not really serious.

The P.160 (duro in my case) is really really good. I prefer it over Cella for sure and still have most part of my 1kg brick waiting...

Unless you are a masochist you better shouldn't have tried the mini jar I guess.....:001_tongu

Have ya'll tried the RazoRock R-160? If it's blasphemous to talk about in a P.160 thread let me know. I am new to wet shaving so I didn't make it to the game before P.160 was discontinued. So if this is a good comparison to something I missed out on, then I would like to try and appreciate it.

This is exactly why I won't try Irisch Moos, or the RR XXX, or any of the other soaps/creams that are discontinued. I have enough trouble not buying tons of the stuff that is still being made and easy to get. lol

Have ya'll tried the RazoRock R-160? If it's blasphemous to talk about in a P.160 thread let me know. I am new to wet shaving so I didn't make it to the game before P.160 was discontinued. So if this is a good comparison to something I missed out on, then I would like to try and appreciate it.

I have R-160 as well as my well loved P-160. R-160 is an excellent soap and it's close to P-160 but not quite.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Try contacting kratos*86*. He seems to unearth a kilo or so of P.160 every now and then. I picked up a box of Tipo Duro from him. Shipping from Italy increases the price of course, but it's not like you'll only get 3 months of shaves from a kilo of heavenly goodness.

I have R-160 as well as my well loved P-160. R-160 is an excellent soap and it's close to P-160 but not quite.

I have received the Razorock R-160 together with the P.160. It smells close enough but lathers differently and the post shave feeling is different as well. R-160 ist wonderful but it's not in the same league for me.

Mind you, I'm a noob, though.

It is not P. 160, nor does it have the same fragrance but I thought the Klar Kabinett and the Institut Karite more than filled that empty space in my shave den.

I bought enough when it was discontinued to last me until I die.

I'll put in my will that what is left of it goes to B&B and you "gents" can fight over it :a45:

Don't fret too much, plenty of people are stockpiling P.160 (like myself who currently has a 250g in a jar and 750g still double wrapped in the box) so it's not totally unbelievable that there will be more to be had. Having tried many of the Croaps I do also like the Vitos Extra Coconut; being exposed to wind and cold for several hours a day, the Coconut oil reallykind of helps replenish the moisture pretty well.

Is this that in which you speak of? :lol: Yeah, it's my numero uno. It will always remain in my heart . . . and my shave den. :laugh:

Attachments

• $IMG_20120222_163730.jpg
    $IMG_20120222_163730.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 139
It is not P. 160, nor does it have the same fragrance but I thought the Klar Kabinett and the Institut Karite more than filled that empty space in my shave den.

I have not yet tried Klar Kabinett (but will for sure) and my test lather of Institut Karité was sensational but they are something totally different to P.160 IMO.

Is this that in which you speak of? :lol: Yeah, it's my numero uno. It will always remain in my heart . . . and my shave den. :laugh:

Oh wow, that's a sight for my sore eyes... Mouthwatering! Congrats on your stock! Mighty envious here.

Florian

Try contacting kratos*86*. He seems to unearth a kilo or so of P.160 every now and then. I picked up a box of Tipo Duro from him. Shipping from Italy increases the price of course, but it's not like you'll only get 3 months of shaves from a kilo of heavenly goodness.

I somehow missed your tip. I will try this. I'm in Switzerland, shipping from Italy is not that expensive. And I don't mind paying more than was original price, actually quite a bit more.

Florian

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's a long time I haven't used P.160. Too bad this great barbershop soap was discontinued. For me it was as good and effective as Cella, just with a different scent.

Top Bottom