• Japanese Naturals

• Coticule

• Thuri

• Arkie

• Slates

• Other natural

• Lapping Film

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got this Norton set for cheap a couple years ago so why wouldn't I use it. I'm still looking for a better finisher than 8000 Norton/linen/strop but when I pop hair in the air now why should I buy something else?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I got this Norton set for cheap a couple years ago so why wouldn't I use it. I'm still looking for a better finisher than 8000 Norton/linen/strop but when I pop hair in the air now why should I buy something else?

It's all about the edge ;).

Obiwan and shaverjoe got me into cotis, and that's all I'm using now. Unless I come across a Thuri, and then I'd still use the coti for all but finish.

i use nothing but coticules and will do for the rest of my shaving days, even for removing little chips or nicks.... tryed most things but always gone back to coticule ..

Coticules most of the time but I like variety. Still like to play with my set of Naniwa Superstones followed by a jnat or a Thuringian. I also use lapping film. I like to feel the differences in the finished product.

The question isn' specific enough :001_smile

If finishing stones would be the question, than Jnat, but I use Choseras and a Norton before it.

I get a great edge off my norton 4/8k followed up with shapton 16k, then pasted crox balsa wood, linen/leather strop. Looking to get into coti though. A local barber offered to sell me his vintage coti that he got in the 1960's.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I've been using Naniwa Super Stones with very good results, but now I'm moving towards the Coti edges. They are sooooooo smooth!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I've been using Naniwa Super Stones with very good results, but now I'm moving towards the Coti edges. They are sooooooo smooth!

I started off with Naniwas too. Then went to coticules, then Jnats.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I started off with Naniwas too. Then went to coticules, then Jnats.

Kent, I actually already know how good JNAT edges are. I got a couple of razors with JNAT finish from the JNAT Master... Alfredo (Doc226) of course. Anyway, there's something "special" in Coticules that I seem difficult to explain. They just seem right, exactly what I want.

Nortons 220/1K/4K/8K and then a Chinese 12K PHIG, what else in life does a bloke really need??!!!
Lots O' stropping helps also, nothing past 40/80 will do much more for my edges though.

I couldn't quite get the hang of my coticule before it had to go back (that's another story). So, I answered Norton just because I have a 220/1000 coming to me and a 4k/8k coming (hopefully) for my birthday this week.

Top Bottom