What's new

High School Stories

I was just thinking between all the members here I'm sure there are a bunch of funny, sad, goofy, weird, etc... stories floating around in old memory lane :001_smile . It would be cool if you guys shared some stories about the growing up years, think of this thread as a campfire in mid summer and we are gonna share some old stories. I'll start, *throws a log in the fire*.

I grew up in Sweden, and in Sweden there is a high school tradition of getting drunk the first day of summer having finished 7th grade (first year of high school there). Me and a big group of friends decided we were going to join in the tradition, so we got a guy to buy us a bunch of beer. The drinking begins, the usual bravado chit chat "i don't feel drunk at all!!!!" "damn i wish we had some vodka"..... by the end of the night, (or morning it's all so foggy). My upchuch total was at an impressive 16 times other people keeping tabs not me :tongue_sm , once in my friends shoe (she really liked those shoes) but I must say I was not alone in this smelly adventure no sir a lot of friends joined me.
One of my friends developed a weird fetish of cleaning everything he saw when drunk.

All and all a weird adventures night, I do remember running through a forest trying to get to my friends house, my sober friend kept telling me that my dad was chasing us bastard scared the hell out of me :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I thought this would be a story about how you helped prepare meals for underprivileged kids.

Having trouble deciding between when my school was evacuated during a social studies test I was bombing because of rioting, or when it was evacuated during my BC calc AP exam because of an arson fire (the test went in with the "testing irregularities" box checked because we had to finish on a different day).

Having trouble deciding between when my school was evacuated during a social studies test I was bombing because of rioting, or when it was evacuated during my BC calc AP exam because of an arson fire (the test went in with the "testing irregularities" box checked because we had to finish on a different day).

thats some crazy stuff, how did you do btw ??

i was drug down a hotel hallway naked from the waste down at an even sponsored by the YMCA (youth judicial) Apparently two of my lady friends thought it would be fun to cheer me up (my gf had just broken up with me) by tickling me... well i was flailing my legs about trying to get away and two other friends decided to grab my legs except they starting pulling on my pants. I was wearing a belt that wasn't quite tight enough to hold my pants up but just tight enough to take my boxers. It was... interesting.

A fellow I went to school with got drunk and passed out at a party after I'd left; the next day he came to school with literally no hair. Kind of glad I hadn't stuck around.

And there was the time there was a weird trojan horse on half the school computers and my friends and I were all guilty by reputation. In retrospect, I guess knowing every little detail about the program does make it hard to sell one's innocence, but we were halfway to expelled in that moment too.

A fellow I went to school with got drunk and passed out at a party after I'd left; the next day he came to school with literally no hair. Kind of glad I hadn't stuck around.

yikes!! :eek:

I never had that happen to me, but my friends thought it would be funny to stick pieces of cut lime up my nose when I was sleeping.

Well, this isn't quite at high school, but certainly in the same age bracket:

As a youth I was a member of the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. Learned field craft, map reading, rifle use, parade drill, discipline, leadership etc. It was all free so most of us were inner city, underprivileged types and a little rebellious. One night we were out at a friend's place for some safe, but unsupervised, underage drinking. I guess I was about 15 or 16 and had mixed it up pretty well that night; a little beer, a little wine, a little bubbly and some chocolate cake. I can't remember why, but we were changing locations and a bunch of us took a city bus outside of town. It was an older diesel bus, rumbly. (you can see where this is going right?) Sure enough I started to feel a little green in just about every sense of the word and when it became evident to me that I wouldn't be able to hold it any longer I warned my friend who directed me to the window. We were in the middle of a long stretch of road about a mile from anywhere when it all came up. Oh I got my head out the window in time all right. Just in time to absolutely paste some poor bastard who happened to be taking that long walk at that very moment, and I mean completely, with vomit. My friends all burst into laughter, but I wasn't feeling very good at all and I couldn't help but feel bad about the whole thing.

If, by some odd chance, you were walking along the Claremont Access in Hamilton ON in 1983 or 1984 and you got hit by my expulsion ... I'm still, really, really sorry, dude.

X

Well, this isn't quite at high school, but certainly in the same age bracket:

As a youth I was a member of the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps. Learned field craft, map reading, rifle use, parade drill, discipline, leadership etc. It was all free so most of us were inner city, underprivileged types and a little rebellious. One night we were out at a friend's place for some safe, but unsupervised, underage drinking. I guess I was about 15 or 16 and had mixed it up pretty well that night; a little beer, a little wine, a little bubbly and some chocolate cake. I can't remember why, but we were changing locations and a bunch of us took a city bus outside of town. It was an older diesel bus, rumbly. (you can see where this is going right?) Sure enough I started to feel a little green in just about every sense of the word and when it became evident to me that I wouldn't be able to hold it any longer I warned my friend who directed me to the window. We were in the middle of a long stretch of road about a mile from anywhere when it all came up. Oh I got my head out the window in time all right. Just in time to absolutely paste some poor bastard who happened to be taking that long walk at that very moment, and I mean completely, with vomit. My friends all burst into laughter, but I wasn't feeling very good at all and I couldn't help but feel bad about the whole thing.

If, by some odd chance, you were walking along the Claremont Access in Hamilton ON in 1983 or 1984 and you got hit by my expulsion ... I'm still, really, really sorry, dude.

X

Hey at least you felt bad about it that goes a long way. :thumbup1:
I felt really bad about the girl whose house everyone trashed that day. :sad:

Let's see, here are some pranks I remember.

A smart kid made thermite at home and set it off in an empty locker. It burned through the bottom of the locker and set off a fire in the one below.

An artist kid was invited to create "pcychodelic art" for the section divider pages of the new year-book annual. He had about 5 sheets included in the printing. Very impressive stuff. After they were distributed, he began showing his friends little prizes he had hidden in the graphic art. Lots of f-words and stuff like that. The annual had to be recalled.

Several kids piled disected fetal pigs into the front seat of another kids hot-rod. This led to a near riot later.

All the officers in our ROTC class were arrested for burglery. The instructor said that he would be picking the officers from then on. No more voting. (We had elected the tough guys cuz we new they would be giving the orders anyway.)

The kid behind me in Physics class wrote on the top of his buddy's homework paper, "I suck!" as we were passing the sheets forward to our young blond female teacher. The next week when she returned the graded papers she had written next to that remark, "Keep these personal matters to yourself!"

Let's see, here are some pranks I remember.

A smart kid made thermite at home and set it off in an empty locker. It burned through the bottom of the locker and set off a fire in the one below.

An artist kid was invited to create "pcychodelic art" for the section divider pages of the new year-book annual. He had about 5 sheets included in the printing. Very impressive stuff. After they were distributed, he began showing his friends little prizes he had hidden in the graphic art. Lots of f-words and stuff like that. The annual had to be recalled.

Several kids piled disected fetal pigs into the front seat of another kids hot-rod. This led to a near riot later.

All the officers in our ROTC class were arrested for burglery. The instructor said that he would be picking the officers from then on. No more voting. (We had elected the tough guys cuz we new they would be giving the orders anyway.)

The kid behind me in Physics class wrote on the top of his buddy's homework paper, "I suck!" as we were passing the sheets forward to our young blond female teacher. The next week when she returned the graded papers she had written next to that remark, "Keep these personal matters to yourself!"

that is some crazy stories, we had a young blonde teacher at our school. She was teaching a computer or science class but I never had the pleasure of being in her class :frown:

My high school was surrounded by police cars. The high school was a minor seminary for students considering the priesthood. They were looking for me. I debated hiding in the stall of one of the bathrooms. My friends told me not to worry. They gave me a different sweater and tie to wear. They told me to sit in the senior lounge and pretend to read a newspaper. It did work. :)

This is what happened. The high school was located in Manhattan. Parking spaces were few and far between. My friend needed to move his car so he could pick up some booze for the after school football game. He asked me and another kid to watch his parking space. A jerk from New Jersey took the spot. We told him we were saving it but he refused to move the car. We asked him politely to move up a few inches so the other car could get back in. He was very nasty and refused.

We waited for him to leave. We then tried to push the car forward. He came back and said he was making a citizens arrest. He grabbed my wrist. I twisted my wrist, pulled it and ran. My friend ran in one direction. I ran the opposite direction.

Hence the police cars show up at the high school an hour later. The guy went through the entire school with the vice-rector to try to id us.

My friend with the car confessed to the vice rector and told him everything.
The Vice Rector asked me if I had taken anything from the car. I told him of course not. Apparently someone had broken into the car, and stolen some expensive camera euipment. It could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Anyway the Vice Rector said he would take care of it. He managed to get all of the charges dropped.

I have loads of other stories. This is probably the best one. :)

I was a sort of quiet, band-geeky type who decided to take Welding and Metalworking class, since I lived on a farm, we had a welder, and my father wanted me to learn. Unfortunately, in this class, were a couple of bully-types. Lazy-asses, not particularly smart, and had been used to taking what they wanted with threats, etc.

I was a particularly good weldor, these boys were not. Some of what we had to turn in was in the form of actual welds-- i.e. we would heat up some little pieces of metal literally red or white hot, pick them up with pliers or tongs, immerse them into water to cool them, where we'd clean them, put our names on it with a marker, and turn them in for a grade.

I had hated these 3-4 guys for what they did, and normally just looked past them when approached, said "no", "bite me" or something else, but there they were, between me and the sink, and me with this red hot "T-weld" in my tongs. "Gimmee your work so I can turn it in" one guy demanded, so I held it out to him, and you can imagine the fun he had when I deposited this smoking piece of metal in his hand. I just laughed. Then I picked it up from the floor, cooled it, cleaned it, handed it in, and went back to work while he wrapped his hand up in gauze at the nurse's station.

Finishing the next piece of work, about 10 minutes later in the same class period, I was approached by the remaining two, with a similar line. Once again, I happily obliged, handing over my "butt weld" with the same comic effect. Even the teacher laughed this time.

Later on, near the end of school, I was approached at my locker by these three, two of whom sported sore right hands. "Uh-oh" I think, as I realize it's just me and 3 very upset bully-types. So I let some degree of pushing take place, and then, using a nice Bach 6-1/2 AL trombone mouthpiece that was in my pocket, I brought it crashing smartly to the temple of the one non-injured party. He went down in a heap and the other 2 ran.

That's how a band-geek in welding class "owned" the streets of my high school. It was somehow a very satisfying day.

If this had happened in 2008 and not in 1973, I fear I'd be on CNN, and probably in some serious trouble for carrying a deadly weapon in the form of a trombone mouthpiece or red-hot welding projects. But life was simpler then. Those guys simply left me alone after that, and I won the industrial arts award for welding and metalworking along with a couple of music scholarships.

A few of my friends and I had keys to the entire building for various reasons, mostly having to do with working in the auditorium. I was on yearbook staff for all four years and worked on the annual in the evenings sometimes. I have a lot of stories, but here are the ones that come immediately to mind:

I had a dressing room re-keyed and my best friend & I made it our office, complete with private bathroom. We stored equipment in there to keep it legit.

I toured the boiler room with a couple of girls from yearbook staff (innocently, mind you) and came up the stairwell afterwards, the two very nice looking girls with me, right smack into the ROTC class doing drills. The look on their faces was priceless.

My first day of my freshman year, I spilled tea all over my pants and my principal (who was a family friend) called my dad and said I wet myself. Then he let me go home to change.

I blasted the entire student body with "Margaritaville" at ear-splitting volume once because I wasn't able to do a sound check before the assembly. I nearly jumped out of my skin when it cued up.

Top Bottom