What's new

Finding A New Brush

I have an EJ boar brush and a Simpson Special in best, but I would like to find a new brush. Looks don't concern me at all, but $100 is my max, but in that range I am worried more about performance than price as they are not always one and the same. I have been bowl lathering lately and would like a brush that feels about like my Simpson, maybe a touch softer in the tips, and has a bigger knot. I feel that a bigger brush would lather more quickly and be more luxurious but I need help.

Here are pics of my brushes, both are 19mm knots
$DSCF6573.jpg$DSCF6580.jpg$DSCF6587.jpg

Ive said it many times, that for the money you can't beat the vulfix line. Check them out, my 2234 is the one that sees the most use.

The vulfix looks awesome and special badger for under 100 is amazing but is a 22mm knot gonna be noticibly different than my 19mm, maybe I'm selling a 3mm difference short but just doesn't seem like allot

You may want to consider this one: http://wetshavingproducts.com/ The Beta Stubby is a fantastic brush for the price!

the knot on that one in the pics looks AWFUL. it's lop sided, deformed. not a good one if you ask me.

for $100 there are far better brushes out there....if you can stretch it to $120, you can get a nice 23mm Silvertip Shavemac from WCS, which would probably be around 24-25 at opening.

for $104, you can get the 21mm version, which would likely be 22-23 at opening.

I have been looking at allot of brushes and the question of wether I really need badger came up, do I ? What do you think about this brush meeting my cryteria? Opinions on synthetics and omegas.

Omega 646186 Synthetic Shaving Brush
Description
The Omega 646186 shaving brush is packed with the finest artificial badger. The handle is hand turned acrylic with a gold accent and unique facets as the base. This is a top of the line synthetic brush that provides a fantastic shave and will last for years.
Total Height: 108 mm
Loft: 54 mm
Knot: 24 mm
Dimensions are approximate.
Made in Italy.
Your Price: $30.00

$thumbnail (1).jpg

Top Bottom