What's new

Lathering with a boar brush, how the heck do you do it?

I have a different method.
Squeeze out almost all the water,now load the brush 30 to 60 seconds.
I then face lather adding a drop of water as necessary.
I've also noticed that letting my boar brush soak too long makes it next to useless
YMMV

+1 to this! I have the same experinece. Most people like to soak their boar brush, but it works the other way round for me. The less soaking, the better it seems.

Well today my test-lather went much better.
What I did was keep the boar sopping wet (only did one drop motion, no shakes or squeezing) and add about a teaspoon or so of water to my bowl before lathering. I also loaded that Mama Bear like I hated it. At first it does seem like the lather is way too wet, but after less than a minute, I had a lather bomb on my hands. My bowl was overflowing and I had to let some of it just fall into the sink.
Guess I've unlocked it.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Well today my test-lather went much better.
What I did was keep the boar sopping wet (only did one drop motion, no shakes or squeezing) and add about a teaspoon or so of water to my bowl before lathering. I also loaded that Mama Bear like I hated it. At first it does seem like the lather is way too wet, but after less than a minute, I had a lather bomb on my hands. My bowl was overflowing and I had to let some of it just fall into the sink.
Guess I've unlocked it.
Yup, that's pretty much the key for me. Soupy suds to start turns into a great lather.

I see a pattern.
Try less water!
Soak the brush by all means, but give it a firm squeeze before loading the soap. This is what I have to do to get my boars to work.

I have found that with My VDH boar, A firm squeeze will take out most of the water.
So usually I shake it a 2-3 Times.

Top Bottom