What's new

Looking for a good shampoo for a dry scalp?

Verb Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner

I have only tried the conditioner but I'd like to try the shampoo, as well. I hear it's really good stuff. The conditioner works great. I had dry scalp and for me using a good conditioner is key. Kiehl's has good products for dry hair, too. I know a lot of guys like the shampoo bars here on B&B. I wish they worked for me because I really liked the way J.R. Liggett's bars smell. I tried the original and jojoba&peppermint. I just checked their website and they actually have a new bar with coconut and argan oil.

+1 on Grandpa's Pine Tar. There's an additional benefit for frequent travellers like me, that you can carry one bar for hair and body.

The only thing that has worked for me is Head and shoulders out of about 15 different shampoos that I have tried. I will have to give Grandpas a try though.

Alternatively, you could rub a few drops (5-6 for my short-ish hair) of jojoba into your scalp post shower. I've been doing it the last 3 days and my scalp feels much better.

Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo is pretty good so far for me. I have a bar of Grandpa's. It didn't work for me for my body or face but I'll try it as a shampoo!

Wow used Grandpas as shampoo today for first time and I don't see any flakes on my head when I look in the mirror later in the day. I had crazy flakes with whatever shampoo bar I tried. Liquid shampoos were better but didn't work 100%. Grandpas might be the one!!!!

I also used the paul mitchells tea tree shampoo. I thought it was pricey but I have a military cut so it lasted forever.

Top Bottom