What's new

Cafe Tidbits - News and stories from around the web

Interesting, didn't work out for these folks against another mega-corp and it seems very similar.

McDharma's

-jim

Interesting that the McDharma's name did hold up, given all the different McSomethings living in this world. I kind of like the name and concept, but I guess the Irish/Indian...Gaelic/Hindu name combination was too far outside the normal boundaries. Though I still think that something like McKrishna a.k.a. son of Krishna would stand up in court today.

If you want to waste 3.5 minutes, it is slightly amusing to see people's reaction to this candid-camera staged street scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Starbucks has about 18,000 cafes around the world. I was curious thow that stacked up against McDonalds and according to wikipedia McDonalds has 34,000+ locations and Subway tops them both with 38,000+. (That's a lot of coffee and sandwiches)
No numbers but Gizmodo had this on their site not too long ago:

$mocvu0wwkc6yeu4dzbdg.jpg

Interesting article from theweek.com which touches on some of this past century's history: Caffeine: The world's favorite drug

One interesting statistic from the article in visual imagery form:
..the annual worldwide coffee harvest, which now exceeds 19 billion pounds, is enough coffee to fill more than a million dump trucks — parked end-to-end, they would reach from Seattle to Boston and back to Los Angeles...

And almost every one recognizes this guy:
proxy.php

I decided not to spam the Vacuum / Travel Mug recommendation thread, but the Thermos company has a clever social marketing campaign under way, where they will send you a Thermos of specialty brewed coffee via overnight mail, in an effort to prove how well their product works. It has been reported on by different outlets, but a mini-review can be read here: Sprudge Takes The Thermos Overnight Coffee Challenge With Ritual Coffee Roasters

proxy.php

There is also a short announcement posted on youtube:

Mass market coffee as reviewed by "coffee expert" Wes Johansen. Not a controlled experiment, so this video is more for mild entertainment.

Top Bottom