What's new

Proraso White & Blue A/S balm questions

Hello gents I am interested in purchasing one of the two. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two new formulated products. Proraso white for sensitive skin or proraso blue a/s balm? Any feedback would be appreciated

I have the Proraso white and I love it. I find it has a good soothing effect and has a very nice smell. I have the blue en route as I type this.

Does the white leave your face dry at all? And plz give me an update when u receive the blue my friend. Thanks Lather

I'm a big fan of the old Proraso "liquid cream" balm. I tried the new blue balm and was not too crazy about it. I think the new white one is really the replacement for the old one, as it is also called "liquid cream" (if I am deciphering the Italian in the picture properly).

As for dryness, the old balm has witch hazel, which some think may be drying. I believe the new one does not.

Ok, so I got a bottle of the new white box, "liquid cream" Proraso balm and used it for the first time today. Hard to say based on only one use, but if it's any indication I will like this one better than the blue balm. I'll let you guys know after a few more uses.

The scent is unfortunately not as good as the old balm, but both of them disappear really quickly so I don;t think it will be that big a deal.

The white is a great performer, top notch. The scent is more like "eehhh" kind of not that good but ok. The scent of the old one was better. Fades fast so not that imortant.

I'm a big fan of the White. It smells great and it works great. Not greasy, not sticky, and it doesn't dry out my skin. Incredible product!

I've used both. Wrote very positive reviews at first, but while going through a bottle of each I've changed my mind and finally switched brands.

The white balm turned out to irritate my skin - it may be the Aloe, it may be the rather sharp fragrance, but my face ends up deep red after finishing my shave with the white balm. This has never happened with the old liquid cream aftershave which I have used for years.

The blue balm is less irritating, but the scent turned out to be too strong for my (and my co-worker's) nose. It's a borderline fruity, very notable (albeit not unpleasant) fragrance that almost smells like some kind of cologne.

In the end I switched to Proraso's "Sul filo de Rasoio" line and couldn't be happier. The aftershave balm is as neutral as it gets - very creamy, almost buttery, with a subtle fragrance and great moisturizing properties. It's not even expensive, so you should make sure to try it out.

I use the blue and love it. The scent is awesome and it leaves my face feeling great. YMMV of course.

I've used both. Wrote very positive reviews at first, but while going through a bottle of each I've changed my mind and finally switched brands.

The white balm turned out to irritate my skin - it may be the Aloe, it may be the rather sharp fragrance, but my face ends up deep red after finishing my shave with the white balm. This has never happened with the old liquid cream aftershave which I have used for years.

The blue balm is less irritating, but the scent turned out to be too strong for my (and my co-worker's) nose. It's a borderline fruity, very notable (albeit not unpleasant) fragrance that almost smells like some kind of cologne.

In the end I switched to Proraso's "Sul filo de Rasoio" line and couldn't be happier. The aftershave balm is as neutral as it gets - very creamy, almost buttery, with a subtle fragrance and great moisturizing properties. It's not even expensive, so you should make sure to try it out.

Yeah, after using it for a few days, the new white balm is going the way of the blue for me. Not nearly as good as the old liquid cream balm. I have to give Proraso a thumbs-down on their balm reformulations.

I agree. It's a shame - I'm still thrilled that they introduced new shaving creams and soaps, but I just don't understand why they had to get rid of their beloved aftershave balm. It was a fantastic moisturizer with a subtle, timeless, fresh-out-of-the-shower scent. They should have just improved the packaging and added the new lines.

I wish they'd go back to the old liquid cream balm...

I tried the White and was displeased. It left my face irritated as if I had failed to apply any AS at all. I don't think the product irritated my face. I just think the product did not work.
I have not yet tried the Blue. I'm hesitant to do so after reading some comments on this blog.

Found this old thread and thought I'd update it. I decided to try the Proraso white balm again and am liking it a lot more than I did the first time, both in terms of performance and scent. I wonder if they tweaked it after the initial release.

Top Bottom