Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sabi T1 and T2

Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT View Post
    Sammy,
    I actually ordered two Sabi T2's but due to a factory mixup (nothing to do with Joe),I was sent one T1 and one T2.
    I contacted Joe and he was super quick to respond and is sending me another T2.

Can't wait to shave with my T2 tomorrow.

Jeff
    looks like I got a T1 as well, sent joe a pm,
    have not heard back yet, o well..fingers crossed.

Just pulled the trigger on T1.
    Michael. BOTOC

I got my Sabi T1 today! Boy, this thing is massive! I love the weight of the handle, and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. I haven't decided whether to use the default head that came with it or to try it out with my Tech head that I've been using most mornings. Either way, I'll bet it's going to be exciting!

The first picture is with the default head. The next two are with the Tech head attached.

-- Sammy

Sammy,
    I'd say try the head that came with the razor, who knows, you just might like it enough to keep it on there full time.

Jeff

That's really nice. What's the handle length?

Quote Originally Posted by samlark View Post
    I got my Sabi T1 today! Boy, this thing is massive! I love the weight of the handle, and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning. I haven't decided whether to use the default head that came with it or to try it out with my Tech head that I've been using most mornings. Either way, I'll bet it's going to be exciting!

The first picture is with the default head. The next two are with the Tech head attached.

-- Sammy
    Nice! Can't wait for mine. That's 4" (including the head).
    It would be nicer if you could take a pic with it in your hand - allow us to have a gauge on the size.
    Michael. BOTOC

Quote Originally Posted by merkur59 View Post
    Nice! Can't wait for mine. That's 4" (including the head).
    It would be nicer if you could take a pic with it in your hand - allow us to have a gauge on the size.
    Here you go! Sorry about the flash in the photo; it's only a point and shoot camera.

-- Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by samlark View Post
    Here you go! Sorry about the flash in the photo; it's only a point and shoot camera.

-- Sammy
    Thanks - I like it already (esp the handle - bought it for the BRW-like handle!)

[Not sure if it is the lousy hotel bandwidth but I could not see the pic in your post. I could see it only when I reply to your post]
    Michael. BOTOC

Images

You know what really nice if you want that shaves a little more aggressive then a FaTip and a little less then a R41. I have found the cadet open comb head on the sabi T2 handle to be just about perfect.
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Roadrash View Post
    You know what really nice if you want that shaves a little more aggressive then a FaTip and a little less then a R41. I have found the cadet open comb head on the sabi T2 handle to be just about perfect.
    Aaron
    Aaron,
    Funny you should mention this-

I received my Sabi T2 about a week ago and have about three shaves with the original head under my belt. I am not a fan of the head, not because it was aggressive mind you, it was because the edges are so sharp it feels like you are dragging a piece of broken glass over your face.
    I normally am only a two pass shaver with my R41 and my FaTip Grande and they would leave me almost BBS. It took the Sabi three passes to achieve this. After my Sabi shave I ran the Block Alum across my face expecting the worse but had absolutely no sting whatsoever which leads me to believe it's not the agressive monster that it (as well as the Mariner), was made out to be.

I really like my R41 but shaving with it every other day would leave me raw at times. Shaving with the FaTip was about 80% of the R41 but without the worry. What I really wanted was the best of both worlds- the efficiency of the R41 with the no worry shave of the Fatip that would not "bite" if I wasn't paying close attention to what I was doing.

Enter the Cadet...
    The head, even with the long threads, fit the Sabi handle perfectly. It's aggressiveness was dead square between the FaTip and the R41 and even with only one shave I can tell it's going to be my "go-to" razor from here on in.

Jeff

I have a T1 and I think it's the best looking handle on any razor I've ever seen. just about to place another order for another T1 and maybe a T2 also - Terminator shaving, I love it.
    Mark - dome Gem G-Bar - face Progress 510 - seeking 3 pass perfection since 10/2012
    TLC - BOSS - BOSH - OGA - Cult Of Arko - LOSER - HLC founder - RAD sufferer (in semi-remission) - dude

Quote Originally Posted by Shave A Buck View Post
    WE HAVE THEM!!! They have arrived and will be shipping starting Friday, Jan 18

Working on Gold colored handles alone, no heads in either brass or gold plated. This will be months down the road. Please let me know if any interest in this project

Other new razors on order from a third supplier which we wait for.
    Hello Joe.

I have a couple of questions for you or anyone else here that may know.

1 - Any news on the handle only versions of the T1/T2?

2 - Are there any coupon codes right now? I think the code B&B is supposed to give 10%, but I haven't gotten it to work for me.
    Last edited by fireMedic1343; 10-01-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    R41 2013 with SLAB handle - RazoRocker for RazoRocktober and 2013 Insane Sabbaticalian

No handle only model. Initially when we did the gold model she did not know if she could do the heads in gold as well. Since she could do both we are able to sell the complete razor in gold. And yes some find the head on this last run a bit pointy however they shave great. Not sure what they did with this but they have been informed. I am unaware if NY Shavings run came through the same or not. Most like it for the handle anyway and at our price that's what the handle would sell for alone given the solid brass construction.

The handle weights I do not have alone, the site should have the complete weight of the razor however. When I get a chance I perhaps could weigh them separate.

The gold adjustable is a solid brass piece which is heavier than the German model. There is a lot of resistance to this however and with the complaints about Merkur these days I am somewhat confused as to why. Here is a solid brass piece that seems to get a lot of praise on the boards from those who do make that leap of faith. Anti China I understand, however this one is better than the German make.

We do not have an active coupon code as we already sell things cheap enough.

i do have a new razor in transit due to arrive next week and in talks with china over two more models all brass. It is those on the boards that just slam anything China without even having the item in hand that are making me hesitate. The trend is all stainless and made in America, I understand this and even support it. However not everyone can afford these pieces and they are somewhat limited to three pieces sets only. An adjustable made in the USA and to that high a standard would be four hundred dollars or more so i doubt you will see this ever. I will make a decision by weeks end with the other two models.
    Joe
    www.shaveabuck.com Shaving Supplies Retailer/Vendor
    Importers of Lea, Rose of Bulgaria, Figaro, Barbon and Cadet Razors.

Joe,

I appreciate the informative and fast response. It helped me pull the trigger on a few items. I'll weigh the T1 handle when it get's here and report back.

Edit: I haven't used your products yet, but I'll go out on a limb and say that I'm interested in the possibility of 2 new brass models.

Quote Originally Posted by Shave A Buck View Post
    No handle only model. Initially when we did the gold model she did not know if she could do the heads in gold as well. Since she could do both we are able to sell the complete razor in gold. And yes some find the head on this last run a bit pointy however they shave great. Not sure what they did with this but they have been informed. I am unaware if NY Shavings run came through the same or not. Most like it for the handle anyway and at our price that's what the handle would sell for alone given the solid brass construction.

The handle weights I do not have alone, the site should have the complete weight of the razor however. When I get a chance I perhaps could weigh them separate.

The gold adjustable is a solid brass piece which is heavier than the German model. There is a lot of resistance to this however and with the complaints about Merkur these days I am somewhat confused as to why. Here is a solid brass piece that seems to get a lot of praise on the boards from those who do make that leap of faith. Anti China I understand, however this one is better than the German make.

We do not have an active coupon code as we already sell things cheap enough.

i do have a new razor in transit due to arrive next week and in talks with china over two more models all brass. It is those on the boards that just slam anything China without even having the item in hand that are making me hesitate. The trend is all stainless and made in America, I understand this and even support it. However not everyone can afford these pieces and they are somewhat limited to three pieces sets only. An adjustable made in the USA and to that high a standard would be four hundred dollars or more so i doubt you will see this ever. I will make a decision by weeks end with the other two models.
    Last edited by fireMedic1343; 10-01-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    R41 2013 with SLAB handle - RazoRocker for RazoRocktober and 2013 Insane Sabbaticalian