What's new

I Had A VISION.....To Buy A Slant

Well, the VISION is dying a slow and painful death. The adjustment ring consistenly sticks and/or has way too much slop(depending on the day), the gap between blade and guard is varies........

Basically, what used to be a fine piece of engineering is slowly wearing out to the point of being useless and dangerous.

I have performed "VISION Surgery" multiple times and it is cleaned routinely. Too much effort is required to keep this thing functional. Teflon tape can not save this baby.

Too bad! I really did like it. Now I regret buying it!

So...now I have bought a SLANT. I hope it works out. Most seem to like it a lot.

If the vision is reasonably new, I would return it - even if you weren't the first owner.

A $100 razor should last a lifetime - full stop.

Before going to a slant, I would consider the regular, fixed head Merkurs - they're some of the best DEs out there. There's also long handled variants if that's something you're interested in.

Send the vision back to merkur and they will either repair it or send you a new one. They sent me a new blade cap for my futur when I dropped it and chipped the finish. The warranty department really backs up their razors really well. I believe they have a lifetime warranty that covers workmanship and finish quality. As for the slant, it's an awesome razor. Own one myself and it's one of my favorites. So fix the vision and buy a slant.
Happy Holiday's.
Clayton :biggrin:

Send the vision back to merkur and they will either repair it or send you a new one. They sent me a new blade cap for my futur when I dropped it and chipped the finish. The warranty department really backs up their razors really well. I believe they have a lifetime warranty that covers workmanship and finish quality. As for the slant, it's an awesome razor. Own one myself and it's one of my favorites. So fix the vision and buy a slant.
Happy Holiday's.
Clayton :biggrin:

Thanks for the info. I just located the paperwork for the VISION. I will send it off once the slant arrives.(Tired of using my wife's VENUS)

I need a DE for when I do not have time for a straight. I think the slant will suit my needs nicely.

Happy Holidays

The slant is a good razor. It does not quite have the feel of the Vision, but it is simple and it works. It is a little touchy on uneven skin.

Top Bottom