What's new

"Free Week" SOTD 7-13 January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen,

You started the year out with incredible style and flair. I am really looking forward to sharing this journey with you all. This week is a free week for you to show your creativity in your own unique styles.

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill, that is one of my favorite brushes. Both my brother and I use one.. so sweet! I just used one and wanted to capture the SOTD, but camera was out of juice.

Sigi Solingen, Theater 2 band, and P160. Followed by proraso lotion. Refreshing shave.

Monday:

Simpson Berkeley best
Tabac soap
Gillette Goodwill 162
Elios
Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolica ASB
Santa Maria Novella Sandalo ***

Monday morning...

ToOBS Sandalwood SS - Thäter Cocobolo 2-band - GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf - ToOBS Sandalwood AS & Cologne
proxy.php

Have a fantastic day, Gentlemen :001_smile

Zwilling - German Vintage Razor
Rotbart Extra Dünn (3)
EverReady Vintage Handle with TGN Black Badger
Jabonman Musk - Flor de Tè
Floid AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Aristocrat #15, Astra SP, Omega #34, Wilkinson Bowl, Vitos post shave, Brut Instinct AS & Alpa Classique Colonge.

$SOD.jpg

proxy.php

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + Cyril R. Salter shaving soap + Semogue SOC + Weber Bulldog with Merkur head and Filomatic #1 + Ach. Brito Lavanda colgone with Proraso balm

An excellent shave! Fortunately I got enough lather with this SOC boar for my usual three passes without much problem (other Semogue are really foam hunger), and this Filomatic blade is wonderful! A shame that it was discontinnued...

Cheers!

Monday

Ikea glass bowl ¤ Restored no. 5 Silvertip ¤ 13/16" Bonsa
Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Shaving Soap ¤ Scottish Fine Soaps Classic Aftershave Balm ¤ Scottish Fine Soaps Classic EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Monday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: Florena
Razor: '72 Black Handle Adjustable
Blade: Astra
A/S: Lab Series
Cologne: Clubman A/S

Mike

Gillette Fusion Proglide
La Roche-Posay Lipikar moisturizing face soap
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash
Williams Shaving Cream
Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
KIEHL'S Soothing, Nourishing Face Cream for Men After Shave
Age Fight Yeux by LANCÔME MEN
KIEHL'S Energizing Moisture SPF 15
Perfume : TUBEROSA by PROFUMUM ROMA

Monday evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Silver Star (3)
Soap: Valobra
Brush: Vulfix
A/S: Old Spice Whitewater
ASB: Natio ASB

Simpson Eagle G3 in Best
D.R. Harris Windsor SS
Rocket HD/ Med Prep Personna
D.R. Harris Windsor AS
Lalique Encre Noire

Monday

Razor: EJ89L
Blade: Bluebird Hi-Stainless
Brush: Caswell Massey Super Badger
Soap: Connaught Redwood Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer's Super Hazel/Aqua Velva Musk
Balm: Nivea Double Action

Shave of the Day (SOTD) Merkur/Menthol Monday January 7, 2013
proxy.php
• Prep: Brush soaked in warm water, face washed with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser, luke warm shower
• Razor: Merkur Mergress XL
• Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
• Brush: GDCarrington Custom Maple Apple Brush with Ace Shaving 22mm High Density Silvertip
• Cream: Ingram Lather Shave Cream (UK Version)
• AS: Mennen Skin Bracer Original with added Menthol

Although I just used it yesterday, I had to use the Mergress XL again today. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this razor? Although I like to mix things up with my rotation, if I had to pick only ONE, this would be it. I am pretty sure this ha stopped my RAD (until the new line of German razors are released).

First use of the Ingram Lather Shave Cream, which is sort of a mixed bag for me. The latherability I would only rate a C+ at best, as it takes far too much product to get the right consistency. The scent reminds of me of Ivory soap, so clean but also institutional. The menthol level grows after applying the lather. At first I did not think it had much menthol and that I would need to add some menthol to it, but it ended up giving a nice cooling sensation. It is does not provide as much cushion or slickness that I would prefer, and although it is inexpensive, you can find much better quality creams in the same price point.

The shave itself was fantastic. The combo of the Gillette Super Thin blade and the Mergress was able to provide a BBS in three passes with minor touch up.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Monday

Razor: Tim Zowada 7/8 Damascus with ivory tang and ivory scales
Brush: Simpson M7 Imitation Ivory Manchurian
Soap: Institute Karite
Aftershave: DR Harris Pink
Cologne: C&S #88

7 January 2013

* 1934 Aristocrat
* Polsilvers
* Rooney Heritage Stubby 1XL 3-band