What's new

New soap and cream user with sensitive skin

All, this thread is not about me as I have had no problems with any of the soaps or creams I have tried. I got a coworker to convert to at least using a brush and good soaps or creams rather than goo or regular soap.

He loved the shave he got with the brush and the regular LaToja cream I let him use but it bothered his skin. Not like razor burn but small bumps around where he did shave. He had the same problem with Arko. Any suggestions? I was thinking tabac, cella or maybe the LaToja sensitive version

Give the la toja sensitive a shot. I used it for a few times, but I'm not into creams anymore. It's a good cream with a nice scent. Or he can get some of the unscented soaps or creams as it could be a reaction to fragrance.

Unscented in the way to go. At least it'll remove all of the variables that he may react to. With a newcomer you want him to start enjoying himself as soon as possible, then once he's hooked he can surf around for what he likes. Kinda like what drug dealers do...but with shaving cream lol.

Not likely I wouldn't think, but don't they both (and all your other options) have tallow? Maybe a vegetal soap. Nice & cheap I think of the RazoRock lines.

I agree with unscented or lightly scented soaps. I have a similar trouble at times. I have recently been using the TFS soaps / creams from Phil at Bullgoose shaving and they seem to be very mild. I really like them.

When I first started wet shaving I stuck with the unscented soaps/creams because they tend to be more "hypoallergenic". I always considered myself to have very sensitive skin. I started off with the trial kit of AoS in unscented (at $25 for oil, cream, balm, and a brush, I was hooked) You may also want to try Mama Bears Unscented soap because it is sensitive friendly and produces a great rich lather with very minimal effort. Best of luck turning your coworker towards the light!

Top Bottom