What's new

First straight shave successful

I had personally always used cartridges and foam in a can. I was getting pretty bad burn on neck and chin area. My wife got me art of shaving set of oil, cream and after shave balm which cleared most of it up but neck was still an issue.

after finding this site and reading tons I decided to jump in with straight razors, I've had barber straight shaves in the past and no irritation so figured it'd be a good shave.

ordered dovo Bismarck from jarrod at The Superior Shave, great service even with holidays my care package showed up right on time

so tonight was my first straight shave

Dovo Bismarck razor
AOS Unscented pre shave oil, shaving cream face lathered with badger brush
2 N-S passes finished off with the after shave balm

the result: decent passable shave, no blood, no parts missing

looking forward to second shave tomorrow

Great work! Passable = fantastic job, related to first shave. I know I didnt do so well, but was very pleased retaining all my parts and not having, ahem, slabs of flesh that needed to be sutured back on.

Congrats on your first!
I counted number of noses, fingers, et cetera and was gratified to count the same number at the end.

That's awesome!! Congrats! Much better than my first shave went....That AOS preshave oil works pretty good, doesn't it?

Lots of reading on this site and watching you tube videos and being slow and methodical was the key.

JP, I agree, it really helps getting a smoother shave, the AOS stuff is all I have tried so far but very happy with the results

Completed my 2nd straight shave tonight. Managed another passable shave but did have a few weepers on my chin tonight but nothing worse than I've done with cartridges.

Top Bottom