What's new

How Would You Spend a $150 Gift Certificate?

I just received a $150 gift certificate for Amazon. So - just for fun - I thought I'd ask folks; how you would spend a $150 gift certificate on Amazon for shaving-related items?

Amazon actually carries quite a bit of shave swag. You can find Merkur razors, Omega brushes, and a whole smattering of products from DR Harris, Tabac, Trumpers, AOS, Castle Forbes, etc.

If you do not like amazon you always have the option of trading out gift cards with some one else for some place you like better .

The problem with Amazon.com with shaving supplies is that each item is really sold by a third party and you end up with paying shipping for each item which eats most of the $150 dollars. That being said, I would buy a Merkur shave set that includes stand, brush, and razor from one place (I think it goes to MenEssentials) and spend more than the money alloted.

The problem with Amazon.com with shaving supplies is that each item is really sold by a third party and you end up with paying shipping for each item which eats most of the $150 dollars. That being said, I would buy a Merkur shave set that includes stand, brush, and razor from one place (I think it goes to MenEssentials) and spend more than the money alloted.

Well...I don't know about that. True, most, if not all of the shave swag comes from third parties and yes, you do not qualify for free shipping, but how is that different from ordering virtually anywhere else. Of course it is beneficial to get all the stuff from Amazon from one source such as Smallflower so as to reduce shipping further and I realize that this may not be possible in all scenarios, but remember: Free shipping is a priviledge, not a right. :tongue_sm

I read a book every two weeks or so. It would be real easy to spend 150.00 and stock up for a few months worth of books.

Another good option... buy a blu-ray player. You would still have to spend 150.00 in addition to your gift card, but right now they have free one day shipping. You could even have it by Christmas!

Ahh - so you are thinking like a Merkur Futor set. That would be more than $150.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I would tell Mrs. Ouch that I have a $150 gift certificate for her to spend on herself.

This way, I would get to watch her pretend that she didn't already swipe it from me. :chinese:

(See, Cory? You are not alone.)

Ahh - so you are thinking like a Merkur Futor set. That would be more than $150.

I have the Futur set. IT is alright. The razor, stand and bowl are quite nice, however I find the brush is mediocre. It is very floppy (although very soft). I am ordering a shavemac as soon as the holiday season is over.

Just got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas (My wife stood in line with me) So it would be all about new games! Mainly games for her as thanks for the new Wii

i, too, would spend it on books. specifically the sandman series of graphic novels, which i currently want quite a lot. if i was gonna get shave stuff, i would make an effort to get it all from the same vendor. new dovo? new merkur? a buncha conk or aos or?

Another good option... buy a blu-ray player. You would still have to spend 150.00 in addition to your gift card, but right now they have free one day shipping. You could even have it by Christmas!

I was thinking along the same lines.. HDDVD player w/ 10 free movies for ~$180. So $30 out of pocket.

Top Bottom