What's new

Xmas Watch

Hi guys, this is my first thread in this forum :scared:

Anyway, i needed a new watch and my grandma had given me money to pick a gift, so i decided on this.

Whats your thoughts on it? It looks great on and i have gotten complimented on it. Ill try and post a picture of it in the flesh at some point :)

I know this isn't a high end watch or anything, but it was one that i knew i wanted it as soon as i seen it.

$sekonda watch.jpg

I must admit I had never heard of SEKONDA. I googled and found that for twenty years they have been the # 1 watch in the UK !
That was a surprise....Looks nice....I was also surprised that they consider an "automatic" to be quartz! We do not speak the same
language it seems. It's nice looking. Is it an (automatic/UK, Quartz) or mechanical? What size is it?.......:thumbup1:

Thanks guys :D Im a noob tbh i know nothing about watches. It just says "Quartz movement" haha :D

Heres a picture of it on, sorry for the bad quality, the lighting in my room isn't great and its night.

$Watch.jpg

I must admit I had never heard of SEKONDA. I googled and found that for twenty years they have been the # 1 watch in the UK !
That was a surprise....Looks nice....I was also surprised that they consider an "automatic" to be quartz! We do not speak the same
language it seems. It's nice looking. Is it an (automatic/UK, Quartz) or mechanical? What size is it?.......:thumbup1:
Automatic watches are self-winding ie. they need no battery and are wound by the slightest movement of the owner's wrist. Rolex invented the modern automatic back in the 1930s.

A quartz watch is powered by a battery - it keeps time by pulsing electrical current through the tiny quartz crystal, which oscillates at a predictable rate and hence keeps very accurate time. Quartz watches can have either an analog dial with the traditional hands or have a digital display - or both.

Sweet looking looking watch that one, as has been mentioned, very classic chrono style.

Sekonda originally started out selling cheap watches with Soviet movements, my Grandfather swore by them back then.

Hope it works out for you. If I remember rightly, Sekondas are made in Russia. I bought one twenty years ago or so,and its mechanical movement didn't last very long, but you should do better with quartz.

Top Bottom