What's new

Buying blades in bulk

(Is this the right place for this question ... ?)

Despite perusing a few threads, I can't figure this one out...

Where is the best place these days to buy these blades, roughly 100 at a time:

Feather?
Swedish Gillettes?
Derbys?

Both price and service are a concern, in that order.

Gents?

Paul

(P.S. Hmmm, 300 blades. That ought to last a Canadian winter. Now, a dozen brushes, 23 cremes and some soap ... EdT, anyone?)

Swedes - LetterK - Best price and service
Derby's - Ebay, also if I'm not mistaken there is a member here who sells them.
Feathers - I'm still looking for a place to buy the Platinum Coated ones myself.

im also interested in picking up some feathers in bulk, the problem is finding someone who ships them to europe in decent quantities and prices,

Ok, I've not used Feather blades yet but would love to try a few out.
Feather blades come from Europe?
Can they be purchased in Germany?

The reason I ask is I work for a Germany company and have a large contact base there many who have become personal freinds. I am sure that a few of these guys would ship in bulk if in fact they could be purchased there.

So what would be a good price?

The hardest thing with price from Europe right now is the weak dollar to euro.

Please let me know if this might be a good avenue of pursuit. It may be worth all our wilds.

Not sure why the the Barber Italiana address won't show correctly. I've ordered from Giovanni several times and have nothing but praise. Same for letterk.

Anyway, you can accesss Barber Italiani at this site...

http://www.tryphon.it/

I just read about sites that are problematic get filtered.

I thought Feathers were made in Japan, no?

I would like to find a good quantity source for them too.

Thanks. I'm a fairly freuqent poster, but I missed that particular controversy. Not sure what happened, but I guess that guy is banned. Don't know what he did - I just order blades and then he sends them - that's the extent of our relationship. Not huge on the censorship thing... the guy has nice stuff ata good price and he's always given me good service, but it's not my board. He must have done soemthing to p*** someone off I reckon.

Thanks. I'm a fairly freuqent poster, but I missed that particular controversy. Not sure what happened, but I guess that guy is banned. Don't know what he did - I just order blades and then he sends them - that's the extent of our relationship. Not huge on the censorship thing... the guy has nice stuff ata good price and he's always given me good service, but it's not my board. He must have done soemthing to p*** someone off I reckon.

To be honest I don't know....and don't want too... I enoy this place. It's a retreat and don't want the drama.

Gents,

The banned site in question does not list Feather blades in volumes over 10, and as such really didn't need to be mentioned.

Thanks, John, and TimmyB for your on-topic posts. Let me re-phrase my question:

Would members with any knowledge on the topic please advise the lowest price currently available for:

100 Feather blades
100 Derby blades
100 "Swedish" Gillettes (this is West Coast Shaving, from what I can read above, no?)

I am not interested in 10 packs, unless 10 of them can be bought at a discount perhaps.

Paul

P.S. Pls take any discussion re. B&B rules and banning to another thread. Many thanks.

If you are in Europe or Australia ask Professor Google about:

I think this was the Paul mentioned in an earlier post.

He sells samples and bulk orders and keeps p&h to a minimum.

Top Bottom