What's new

Sabi T2 available to order!

I tried to wait 7 days to give people who may have been waiting for this razor (to become available again) a chance to order, but the Sabi T2 is in transit to shaveabuck.com, and you can order your very own, right now! (Should be in stock and hopefully shipping by end of week, or early next week)

For those of you not familiar with the Sabi T2- It is an inexpensive razor, only available from shaveabuck.com, that looks strikingly similar to the BRW Bull Mastiff fluted handle, which resembles the Gillette Aristocrat Flare-tip circa 1910-1916.

Dr Roadrash wrote a little review thread for the T2 back in April 2012, if you'd care to check it out. Basically this razor has a hefty handle (72g), similar to the BRW Bull Mastiff fluted, with a head (that is apparently) identical to the New York Shave Company's Mariner (Mariner head shot). Codfish's Mariner review stated that the Mariner was "Almost like the R41, or an adjustable on one of the highest settings." Dr Roadrash states that the T2 is "slightly less aggressive than the R41." So, if you're looking to find a razor that is slightly less aggressive than the R41 for under $30, or just want an pretty darn aggressive razor, or even just think that the handle is sharp as heck (pun intended), go get one [or two, or whatever your RAD dictates :)]. At just $24 USD, plus shipping, this razor looks like a steal! Any current owners want to sound off on this? Is anyone else out there as excited as I am to finally get one of these gorgeous razors?!

There is also a long version called the Sabi T1, but these haven't been out of stock for very long, and I personally like short handles. If long handles are your preference, go get some!

$cbfa338fa92bc5d1e910a71259751465.image.750x333.jpg
$f055b5198a75e3c05c2a25bfd5a6b56b.image.750x540.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a T2 and in my opinion I see no difference between the T2 head and my standard Merkur head. It shaves very well though, I think I actually found it less aggressive than my merkur. The handle is gorgeous, definitely worth the price!

just had my first shave with a T1 - wow - a fresh Derby just mowed down two days worth of whiskers, no problem. 2pass WTG and XTG (and a small amount of ATG around the lips and chin) and I'm pretty much BBS - if not, then definitely a DFS!

Top Bottom