What's new

Synthetic for travel

Best synthetic brush for under 50 bucks? Wanted for travel when proper drying won't be possible with badger or boar.

I would recommend the Shea Moisture brush available at Target. It is serviceable although not glamorous, and is only $9 so if you lose it you're not out much.

personally I've had good results with the Body Shop brush, it's a little scritchy but lathers like a champ and it's only $13 in Canada. Dries quickly.

I don't travel that much, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to tie up a lot of $$$ in something that won't get used much.

I have the Muhle synthetic travel brush. Link. The brush fits nicely into the handle which is open on one end for drying. Very nice design.

31 M 536
travel shaving brush, Silvertip Fibre®
anodized aluminium 21 mm M

I would recommend the Shea Moisture brush available at Target. It is serviceable although not glamorous, and is only $9 so if you lose it you're not out much.

+1. It was nine dollars and I use it when I travel. It's small, works well, and dries very quickly.

Scott

I have the Muhle synthetic travel brush. Link. The brush fits nicely into the handle which is open on one end for drying. Very nice design.

31 M 536
travel shaving brush, Silvertip Fibre®
anodized aluminium 21 mm M

+1 Just got this for Christmas and have used it twice. No way I'd suspect it wasn't real badger if you didn't tell me EXCEPT that it dries so quickly. Great design. Perfect travel brush. It's replacing my wide Omega Mighty Midget (which takes TOO long to dry.)

Here's where mine was purchased.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Muhle-Silvertip-Fibre-Matt-Shave-Brush.html?setCurrencyId=4

Muhle silvertip fibers, Omega Artificial badger or FS synthetic.
Of these, Muhle is my favorite. Omega is OK, and FS a bit more plasticcy in look and feel.

Top Bottom