What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
$Capture.JPG

Surprisingly good - really good- modern twist on a classic 80s powerhouse type platform. The loudness of the 80's platform is tuned down and a nice, berry/sage/bergamot/civet/cedar set of notes is overlaid and made prominent. Got a sample vial somewhere I don't even remember and thought I'd give it a try, with low expectations. I'll now get a full bottle, which I've found is also surprisingly dirt cheap. Great bang for the buck!

Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese (Thanks to Ivan for his generous decant).

The top notes are tobacco and whiskey, the middle notes: cinnamon, amber and labdanum and the base notes are oak moss, cedar and incense.

While listed as a unisex fragrance, this one strikes me as masculine all the way. It opens with a smoky incense that brings to mind the interior of a stark stone walled medieval castle. As it settles down, the smokiness fades and I'm left with the cedar, tobacco and whiskey notes. It brings to mind sitting in a deep leather chair in a wood paneled library. There is a glass of scotch on the table and open boxes of cigars all around.

This would be perfect with jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket, or when playing poker with the guys.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom