What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volo AZ 686
by Profumum

gardenia, coconut, vanilla

I read the reviews for this first, which enticed me to get a sample of this. Comments ranged from tropical to toilet bowl cleaner. Sounds like spring break. On the opening I picked up jasmine - a dirty white floral note strong and rubbery - with not coconut but almond. (I find almond milk and coconut milk have similar notes, actually.) So, I dismissed the "toilet bowl cleaner" note. But that came about not long after. Similarly, the jasmine note firmed up into what I would have described as tuberose instead of gardenia right about this time. Eventually - and thankfully - it all dispersed but left me with a sweet vanilla note, kind of lemony, perhaps tonka, and reminiscent of Vanitas (perhaps the only Profumum to make me gag). Volo isn't detestable. In fact, it started with a slightly soapy smoothness that led me to believe this was going to a nice summery laid-back kind of thing. But it didn't live up to its promise and was Kafka-esque after that.

proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

Accords:
oud, warm spicy, balmy, floral, sweet

Top: magnolia, flowers
Middle: dark chocolate, tonka bean, cinnamon
Base: agarwood, sandalwood

Opens with florals and cinnamon, but this fades rather quickly. In less than a minute, florals disappear while dark chocolate and woods become prominant with tonka bean and cinnamon in the background. After half an hour the chocolate begins to fade and along with the cinnamon is pretty much gone after an hour or so, leaving a drydown of sandalwood and tonka bean for another 4-5 hours. Nasomatto Pardon reminds me of L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme only Pardon is better. Although the tonka bean adds a bit of sweetness, it is not overly sweet like LIdGE. I could still smell the tonka bean on my skin the following day.

Nasomatto Week
Nasomatto Pardon (2011) - Monday
Nasomatto Duro extrait LS (2007) - Tuesday
Nasomatto Black Afgano (2009) - Wednesday
Nasomatto Hindu Grass (2006) - Thursday
Nasomatto Absinth (2007) - Friday

Last edited:
Samples

$nd.15133.jpg

A dry, spicy, subdued and smoky effect with authentic nuances; the woodiness is based on cedar, the jasmine heart gives an individual touch. Saffron and cardamom provide the spiciness, laurel a dry aromatic touch. Oud, myrrh, patchouli and leathery notes complete the base notes of this intriguing composition. Songe d'un Bois d'Ete was launched in 2012

This IMHO, is a stunning fragrance, easily,instantly likable.
The Opening of Saffron ,and Myrrh ,just does it for me.
Assertive and smooth at the same time, for me,
this is the S*&T !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom