What's new

Best military quotes.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
- Friedrich Nietzsche.

YOU!! You need to become un-fu@#ed!! Spoken to a class mate of mine at a live fire missile range.

+1 In that same vein, I was a young 2nd Lieutenant leading a 12 mile ruck march as part of our Basic Officer Leader Course. Needless to say, my pace was pretty quick and my classmates were apparently falling to the wayside. The Cadre Platoon Sergeant, a Sergeant First Class, Ranger-type, comes all the way up to me, turns me around and shows me the mass falling out behind me and says, "LIEUTENANT, UNF*@K YOURSELF!" I thought that had to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. True story.

$image.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. "Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography."
(Paul Rodriguez)
2. "A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit."
(Army's magazine of preventive maintenance ).
3. "Aim towards the Enemy."
(Instruction printed on US M79 Rocket Launcher)
4. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
(U.S. Marine Corps)
5. Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.
(U.S. Air Force)
6. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
(Infantry Journal)
7. It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
(US Air Force Manual)
8. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
(Gen. MacArthur)
9. Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.
(Infantry Journal)
10. You, you, and you . . . Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
(Marine Gunnery Sergeant)
11. Tracers work both ways.
(US Army Ordnance)
12. Five second fuses only last three seconds.
(Infantry Journal)
13. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last, and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
(US Navy Seaman)
14. Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.
(David Hackworth)
15. If your attack is going too well, you have walked into an ambush.
(Infantry Journal)
16. No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
(Joe Gay)
17. Any ship can be a minesweeper... once.
(Admiral Hornblower)
18. Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.
(Unknown Marine Recruit)
19. Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
(Your Buddies)
20. Mines are equal opportunity weapons.
(Army Platoon Sergeant)
21. If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.
(David Hackworth)
22. Your job is to kill the other person before they kill you so that your national leaders can negotiate a peace that will last as long as it takes the ink to dry.
(Drill Instructor)
23. In the Navy, the Chief is always right.
(Written on the door into the Chiefs quarters)

[/FONT]

Before my reclass, I was a 13F (forward observer) with the 25th Infantry. My company commander was explaining to me and a buddy why he quit special forces to become an officer.

"The Army's built on numbers. Every other branch has something to take into battle with them. Planes, Ships, or in the Marine's case, Training. Us? Numbers. If you find yourself in a fight, in the US Army, where you don't outnumber the enemy nine to one, then your leaders have failed you. In the special forces, our leaders failed us on every mission."
-Captain Loftis (now LTC)

it's just a movie ... but ...

King Leonidas: [turns back shouting] Spartans! What is your profession?
Spartans: WAR! WAR! WAR!
King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.

though from history:

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

- Declaration of Independence, T. Jefferson, J. Hancock et. al. 4 July. 1776

Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan ... Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

- FDR address to Congress, 8 Dec 1941

"Tracers work both ways"
"Remember, your weapon was built by the lowest bidder"
Murphy's Law Of Combat

"**** !! The Fu*king fu*cer is fu*ked"... Marine Corps Gunnery Sargent commenting on a M60 barrel myself and another sailor had just burned out.

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf.

Top Bottom