What's new

Best military quotes.

Mods not sure if this is in the right spot so help me out.
I'll Start...
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. ( Gen. James Mattis)

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Heraclitus (Athens - 500 BC)

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Heraclitus (Athens - 500 BC)
+1

In my dictionary, sympathy is between sh** and syphilis

From an old Infantry Col. addressing some ROTC cadets during a forced march with no sleep and soaking wet (I was one of the cadets). The quote may have originally come from someone else; not sure.

In my dictionary, sympathy is between sh** and syphilis

From an old Infantry Col. addressing some ROTC cadets during a forced march with no sleep and soaking wet (I was one of the cadets). The quote may have originally come from someone else; not sure.

My dad used to tell me that when I was a kid and I'd be whining about something.

"You don't like it here, You have my permission to leave....it's just a short swim" CDR D. R. Briggs GWC SSBN 656

“Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don'tin your endurance of fatigue and privation. always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide.”
― Erwin Rommel

"My poor orphans! My poor orphans!"

- Major General John C. Breckinridge, C.S.A., riding among the survivors of his division after a suicidal attack at Stones River, January 2, 1863. Breckinridge's division lost a third of its men in one hour. The Battle of Stones River had the highest percentage of casualties of any battle during the Civil War.

Mr. Patton....

Attachments

• $patton.jpg
    $patton.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 325
"Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."

Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC, April 1965.

Just reread the Art of War for about the 10-12 time...

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Sun Tzu

In a time when the Air Force was really trying to cut back on all the cursing (big deal right?) we were getting a speech from our new commander.

"How the f@%$ is everyone doing today? Anyone here have a problem with me saying f@%$? Well as a fighter pilot my job is killing people and breaking s^%& and if the word f@%$ is that big of deal to you then maybe you should get the f@%$ out of my air force!"

Perhaps a little excessive but it got a point across and a standing ovation.

Not necessarily military quotes but could be considered that since they were both commanders-in-chief..."Speak softly but carry a big stick", Theodore Roosevelt and "Trust but verify", Ronald Reagan.

I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*** with me, I’ll kill you all. (Gen. James Mattis)

" Fly your assigned airspace, and shoot the enemy down, nothing else matters"
Manfred Von Richthofen

" Fly Alone, Die Alone"
Sign over Officers briefing rooms in England during WWII

Top Bottom