What's new

Merkur 37C Slant

Thanks. I was out of Feathers, but changed it up with a Bluebird. A little better, but I think it must still be technique.
I normally always use mine with Astra's. I get a great shave and will barely get any redness. I think it might be a matter of balancing the aggressiveness of the razor with a blade that is not super sharp!

I started my DE shavings with R89 and always had some itch after each session. And I thought it is normal. However it's gone after I started to use R41.

But suddenly I feel almost the same with 37c. Because of 2 years of experience I found out that the reason is extra contact with a razor parts, not a blade. After I corrected the technique I have quite comfort sessions.

i ust got my merkur slant and i am a little disapointed... i still need 3 passes ad touch ups to get BBS... this was not what i had been led to belive :mad3:

i ust got my merkur slant and i am a little disapointed... i still need 3 passes ad touch ups to get BBS... this was not what i had been led to belive :mad3:
I was a big fan of the Merkur 37C slant until I tried the iKon #102 slant. For me, its a far better performer (more comfortable and efficient). That said, I did find the Merkur's performance was greatly affected by the blade. It's weird, but it seemed to take to wind out of Feather's sails, but made Astras shine.

SOOOOOO.... maybe an off topic question... maybe.... I own a couple fatboys, do you guys think I can get a decent slant as trade? If so whats a good slant to to ask for the one fatboy. If I am doing something illegal to this forum I appololie. But I want a slant :bored: and I have no money

Slants are strange razors , I have the 37c and a 39c on the way, and they do perform better with a sharper blade. I've also found they work better for me with longer stubble. If I'm shaving stubble less than 3 days old it takes a 3 pass shave regardless of razor to get a bbs shave. However on 3 days growth or more the 37c gives me close to bbs with 2 passes. I find the same thing with my fatip grande as well. Don't give up on the slant I find it easier on my skin than my fatip but every bit if not more efficient . As always YMMV but once I got used to my slant I find I reach for it 95%of the time ,other times a good aggressive open comb hits the spot.

Last edited:
I have 6 different slants, usually going with 37c/39c with Polsilver SI, Red Personna, 0r Feather. They are smooth, efficient, and a easy shaver. My other go to razors are Gillette News.

i have a sample pack on the way so i can try some other brands - the voskhod was nice but the merkur blades are so not for me...

so since BoriRank

asked, i might as well too... anybody wanna buy a gilette slim adjustible or maybe trade it for a phoenix double open comb razor.....??????

so since BoriRank

asked, i might as well too... anybody wanna buy a gilette slim adjustible or maybe trade it for a phoenix double open comb razor.....??????
hey hey dont use me as a selling point lol I asked what would be a price range COMPARISON for my fat boy to a slant lol fyi you might have better luck posting on here

My recent package in the mail was a 37C and MWF.

So I loaded the 37C with the included Merkur blade, lathered up the MWF and had a fantastic shave.

Second shave with the 37C was a full head shave. Bit me a couple of times on the head, but again a fantastic close shave.

Third shave was great, fourth shave a Silver Blue went in as the blade and again has a great shave.

The 37C has given me some of the easiest closest shaves I've ever had. That with the MWF basically just replaced everything on my counter.

Glad to hear it worked out so well for you, karhu!

The only problem I have with the 37c; I have no good reason to get another razor. I probably won't find one that equals it. 37c with a Feather blade is going to be hard to replace.

Glad to hear it worked out so well for you, karhu!

The only problem I have with the 37c; I have no good reason to get another razor. I probably won't find one that equals it. 37c with a Feather blade is going to be hard to replace.

Buy the 39c , My feelings were same as yours, but hearing the weight made the 39c more aggressive I had to buy the razor. The extra length and weight make the 39c balance itself and the extra weight especially right below the razor head make it a better and more aggresive shaver for me at least. I see my 37c finding a new home soon...Maybe...Who am I kidding I don't see myself parting ways with the 37c even if I prefer the 39.

Last edited:
Top Bottom