What's new

Merkur 37C Slant

Just got my new Merkur 37C Slant and had a shave with it. This is the single best shave I have ever had. I have heard various things about the aggressiveness of this razor. In my opinion, it is hard to describe but it is very mild feeling, yet aggressive at cutting hair. It feels so mild I would not call it aggressive, but it can mow down hair like no other. I even think it does better than my beloved red tip Gillette.

I agree! A very smooth razor for sure, very forgiving, mows through tough stubble, and a pleasure to use! I can get closer shaves from my R41, but the slant doesn't require as much patience and attention as the R41! Love my slant!

When people ask me about either of the slant razors, I always say it is a "mild efficient razor".

That pretty much sums it up

proxy.php

I'm a fan of the slant! No cuts or nicks the first time I used one. Perhaps because I had heard it was really aggressive and therefore I took it easy. It's to be respected for sure.

A slant will be my next razor for sure. I got a R41 for Christmas and I love it but..... I have used a slant in the past the a friend had me try. It does do a great job and you dont have to be as carefull as you do with the R41. Anyone want to trade a black handle 38 for a slant?

My biggest problem with this razor is that I don't want to use any of my others anymore. Same with de FAT. This has been my routine for about a month now

When people ask me about either of the slant razors, I always say it is a "mild efficient razor".

That pretty much sums it up
proxy.php

+1 I can even "blade buff" those little micropatches that you only feel after WitchHazeling, with no further lathering...actually I can do it dry with caution. It just seems to "present" the blade in the optimum position.

Yeah, I blade buffed and everything. I am seriously considering thinning my herd by about 2 or 3 razors after using this.

The 37C and 39C are the ONLY DE razors that I feel comfortable using on my head. I normally use a HeadBlade Sport if I am using another DE for my face.

The Merkur slant razors are excellent performers. I get incredible BBS face & dome shaves with my 37C & 37G.

WARHAWK

The 37c is a very intuitive razor. It doesn't seem like it would be, but for some reason it is. The proper angle just seems to "happen".

Ben

I have a borrowed vintage Merkur slant in my current rotation, and it is awesome! I have a vintage Hoffritz somewhere in the mail system.
They shave soooo smooth!

What's it like ATG especially on the chin and upper lip? These are nick-prone areas for me and most I guess.

You have to make sure you use a VERY light touch in those areas. I have the same issue, where the corners of my mouth are sensitive and tend to bleed if I over-do it. But, once you figure it out, you can certainly go ATG in these areas, too. I usually do.

OP, I had the exact same experience as you did when I first tried my 37G! It was amazing! So smooooooth, yet it just mows down hair like crazy! I usually use a Feather blade in mine. I still use my other razors, too. Actually, the slant was my second DE razor ever. So, I've added a couple Super Speeds, a cheap Ming Shi, etc. I still work through them periodically. But, when I first got my slant, I used it quite a lot! It's an awesome razor! Just watch your blade alignment, as sometimes if it's a little crooked or off-center toward one edge or the other, you'll get too much blade exposure and it becomes overly aggressive in that part of the edge. If you get the blade centered, it is, hands-down, the best razor I own.

Top Bottom