What's new

Merkur 37C Slant

My 37C is a great razor, not as aggresive as its fearsome reputation (devil's razor) would make us believe. A great razor for touchups on difficult spots. You can nick and irritate your skin if careless in use, but the level of attension needed is not excessive.

I own both the iKon Slant and the 37c. The iKon is by far more agressive. Like the difference between a sedated sloth and an aggravated chihuahua.

Well that explains a lot! From reading other posts, I was lead to believe the Ikon Slant was fairly mild & I was puzzled at to why I was finding it more of a handful than my 2013 R41.

Well that explains a lot! From reading other posts, I was lead to believe the Ikon Slant was fairly mild & I was puzzled at to why I was finding it more of a handful than my 2013 R41.

While I haven't tried the R41 yet, I've read a number of things about its aggressive nature. If you're saying the Ikon is a handful compared to it that's saying a LOT right there!

I find the 37G a dream to wield. I was curious about the Ikon. That makes me a little hesitant to go down that road.

Sorry to dig up an oldish thread, but this seem appropriate.

I just got my 37C today. In this thread, I see quite a few comments on its being able to mow though lots of stubble. Should I derive from that that it's perhaps not ideal for 24 hr stubble? Do some of you use this as a daily shaver?

I just got my 37C today. In this thread, I see quite a few comments on its being able to mow though lots of stubble. Should I derive from that that it's perhaps not ideal for 24 hr stubble? Do some of you use this as a daily shaver?

I use it as a daily shaver but am prone to occasional irritation on my neck. Definitely works best for me after a day or two of growth. Enjoy!

One of my favorites. I like Murker, but I wish they would make their razors out of brass instead of zamak. One reason I own old Gillettes. That being said - slants are smooth and efficient.

Been using mine for almost a week now after spending my first 6 weeks learning on a Feather Popular. Today I had my best DE shave yet. Really liked it with a Person a Red.

After using a 39c for awhile I had to pick up a 37c.......I think I like it better! I prefer the lighter handle. I just wish the 37c's handle was a little longer.

Before today, I'd never used a slant. I just used the 37C for the first time today. 48-hr stubble - head & face. Absolutely incredible shave! 3 passes. Very little touch-up needed. I know it's early, but I'm thinking this is going to be my go to razor.

I used 37C daily for six months. If you have a good routine down before switching to the 37C, especially zero pressure, then it is fine as a daily driver and really requires little or no adjustment in how you shave. I expect the "mowing through stubble" comments are more related to the sensation that the slant cuts through your beard with less resistance than using the same blade in a non-slant razor head.

My 39C from the BST is getting in today. I'm pretty darn excited, and have been reading this thread to pump me up. This thread is like when you cut the lights and start playing "Sirius" by the Alan Parsons Project (the music the Bulls used as Michael Jordan's intro music)...

the lights go down...

*BOOM*....

Mail call! It'll be here tonight.

Top Bottom