The Big Bang Theory

No longer airing:

Lost
House
Prison Break

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
oh wow there are so many! i'll try to narrow it down.

my #1 fav. is Breaking Bad.

the rest are in no particular order:

Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
The Sapranos
Dirty Jobs
Deadliest Catch
The Killing
Mad Men
Dexter
Homeland
American Chopper

I guess because i can't remember the rest of what i watch they aren't my favorites.

As a bonus i'll throw in my favorite TV show scene: In Mad Men...the scene where someone drives the lawnmower through the office and runs over someone elses foot.

The Wire is the best TV show ever created, ever. The Corner is also fantastic is you like The Wire. Also love The Shield, Oz, X Files.

The last (non public television) show I watched with any regularity was "My Name is Earl" Not much of any note has been on since that show.

The Wire is the best TV show ever created, ever. The Corner is also fantastic is you like The Wire. Also love The Shield, Oz, X Files.
I haven't seen either The Wire or The Corner, but as a Native BaltiMoron, I was in love with Homicide: Life on the Street.

This show gave an excellent account of The Real Baltimore, ignoring the glitzy tourist traps and showing the actual places where we lived and worked and shopped and played. Every Friday night, the whole city pretty much ground to a halt for an hour, because everyone in town was watching that show.

Walking Dead (if you are a fan, you HAVE to read the comics, the story is sooooo much better!)
Weeds
Big Bang
Chopped (food network)
Shameless (US, not UK)
Ancient Aliens
The Men Who Built America (Not really a show so much as a miniseries, but very interesting)
and Saved by the Bell. Best show ever in the history of time.

David Simon who created The Wire also wrote the book on.which Homicide: Life on The Street is based, its a great book, well worth a read. He also worked at a newspaper in Baltimore for about 15 years reporting crime so I would like to think The Wire is gritty and realistic to a point.

I am five episodes into The Wire, but am having a tough time getting into it, but will certainly keep at it. I have never seen it get a bad review.
It jumped the shark a little bit in the 5th season, but not too badly.
Seasons 2-4 are the best. Keep with it. Fantastic writing and best casting I've ever seen.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
ahhhh The Wire! Yes very excellent show. I haven't watched past Season 3 but it was great! i need to get them somehow.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that The Wire was overlook because of The Sopranos. The Sopranos had already built HBO and a huge following. It's critically acclaimed but never saw any real award action or spotlight.

My all time favourite TV show indeed. Charm city.

I haven't seen either The Wire or The Corner, but as a Native BaltiMoron, I was in love with Homicide: Life on the Street.

This show gave an excellent account of The Real Baltimore, ignoring the glitzy tourist traps and showing the actual places where we lived and worked and shopped and played. Every Friday night, the whole city pretty much ground to a halt for an hour, because everyone in town was watching that show.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I happen to like (in no particular order);

The Big Bang Theory
Family Guy
Downtown Abbey (can't wait for season 3 to begin on PBS - 6 Jan 13).
Nature (PBS).
Keeping Up Appearances (Repeats, PBS UK).
Robot Chicken (Adult Swim)

No longer 'on the air' :sad:

The Sapranos
Hawaii Five-0
The Beverly Hillbillies

proxy.php
"TV is chewing gum for the eyes". Frank Lloyd Wright

Last edited:
Top Bottom