What's new

Repurposed Entertainment Center as a Bar

We just moved to a new house with a place for the TV above the mantel, so had a nice entertainment center that was no longer needed to house a TV. A local artisan/furniture restorer had refinished and customized some antique chairs for the new dining room, heard about our plans for the entertainment center, and asked if he could do the job. Since we were extremely happy with the dining room, we agreed. The only guidance he got from us was my wife wanted some kind of mirror in the back, hanging storage for stemmed glasses, and I wanted a 3-4" high shelf in the back for bottle storage. Here's what he started with:

proxy.php

To describe him as passionate about his work is a gross understatement; my wife and I got as much of a kick out of his emails describing the "super cool, awesome and fantastic bar" he was making us as we did from the final product. Thus our nickname "Super Cool Awesome Fantastic Bar". Over and over, he'd say, "I want your expectations to be really high, because this is going to blow your socks off."

He was right. After pics in the next post.

Last edited:
And here's what came back to us:

Here's a link to the Photobucket album with more pics, including the cedar-lined humidor, antique silver lazy susan on the tiled serving area, granite work surface, wine storage, customized drawer fronts for storage underneath, pullout stemmed glass storage, etc.

proxy.php

Last edited:
That looks great. Our house has a wet bar, but the only place we can reasonable put the couch is in front of the bar and really it isn't practical to move the couch every time you need something.

Your entertainment center is a great idea.

Your entertainment center is a great idea.

Wish I could claim the idea, but it came from SWMBO. If you go to Houzz or Pinterest, you'll find hundreds of ideas for EC to bar conversions.

The guy that did the job for us said that there are EC's all over the place nowadays, since TV's are going on the wall instead of in a piece of furniture. 'Course, his favorite bar conversion have been things like old (30s-40s) radio consoles, and phonograph tables the size of washing machines, etc.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Jay:
You have an awesome bar! :drool:

proxy.php
"[A good Bartender] can observe an awful lot of things [about people and what they drink] just by watching". Yogi Berra

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Again...an 'super-awesome' bar and I'm just green with envy!! :drool:

proxy.php
"[A good Bartender] can observe an awful lot of things [about people and what they drink] just by watching". Yogi Berra

Top Bottom