What's new

Gifted Two Razors - Thomas Turner, Sheffield

Hey all,
I was gifted these two razors (see pics below) from my mother-in-law by Thomas Turner from Sheffield. These razors were used in her fathers barber shop in Victoria for about 30 years, from mid 50's to 80's so they are sort of a family heirloom. They are quite dull and dirty and I suppose I'd need to send them somewhere to get honed. The case is pretty much destroyed and is in two separate pieces. The accompanying strops seem to be warped and definitely look like they've seen better days.

So what sort of investment would I need to make to get these in shave-ready condition? Strops, hones etc? Any comments/suggestions welcome.

thanks in advance,

John

Nice str8's John! I'd say you'll need them honed for sure and at some point probably a new strop will com ein handy but I'll have to defer to those who know better than me for a professional answer to your question. They should make good shavers!

you can probably restore the strop as well as the razors. you may be able to put new hinges on the case, as well. or you may want to leave the case as is. but definitely clean 'em up and use 'em, nothing beats heirlooms!

Those are some nice looking razors, neat history too. They look like they could be great shavers after a light (carefully done) clean up and a hone. The strop might even be serviceable if it isnt too dryed out and cracked, but I will leave it to the experts to suggest what you might use on it.

Happy Holidays!

Dave

Top Bottom