What's new

Nivea Mild Shaving cream

Its a very popular cream here in southwest Asia/Middle East region, used in some barbershops along with Caola shaving cream,its inexpensive .

Known for hydration of the skin after the shave ,contains olea europea/olive oil and great for dry skin.

Nice Nivea scent ,it lathers quickly and stable for multi pass ,also has excellent glide for a razor.

comes in a large 100ml and 60ml tubes.

Great product.

Attachments

• $thumb120111207202439.jpg
    $thumb120111207202439.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 637
i have yet to see this in the States. I find it odd, considering every local pharmacy has every other Nivea product.

i have yet to see this in the States. I find it odd, considering every local pharmacy has every other Nivea product.

I thought that to, I guess because it's not listed on Nivea's American website they don't' sell it in the states. I ordered some online and the cream works great, I'd highly recommend.

Olive Oil is a known lather killer.

That might be, but this cream works very well, IMHO.

Also, I remember well, other nice soaps, like QCS, have olive oil in them, and still are very well regarded here. I guess one has to be careful, but it is not necessarily a deal breaker unless it is one of the first ingredients.

Nivea extra moisture shaving cream that sold in Canada is the same product as Nivea Mild shaving cream sold in other countries but I don't understand why isn't marketed in the States.

I don't know if it has exactly same formula, but Nivea mild made and sold here in Brazil in my opinion is just an average or slightly below average shaving cream. It is decent for its price anyway (US$ 2.5 for 60g).

I think it is difficult to mix it with exact water proportion. Most of times or it dries quickly over the face due to few water or produces a very very thin lather because of excess of water.

This was the first cream I tried when I went to wet shaving with a brush from the canned stuff 8 years ago.
I bought it in Bulgaria for about €0.20c for 100g.
I just found it again in Spain recently for about €2 a tube.
I think it's great stuff.

It's very interesting to hear Brazilian Nivea Shaving cream is very different than German made one sold here in MidEast,
I bet both have different Ingridients.

Nivea Shaving Cream was my staple for many, many years. I was a brush and cream shaver long before discovering Badger and Blade and moving to a DE razor- Nivea is a terrific cream.

It's very interesting to hear Brazilian Nivea Shaving cream is very different than German made one sold here in MidEast,
I bet both have different Ingridients.

I really don't know if they are really different because I never tried the German one. I just think this is unimpressive, and it is still one of the better ones made here (the others, Gillette is really awful, BIC and Bozzano shaving creams are also unimpressive).

The moisturizing qualities of this shaving cream are excellent - and it lathers up great. I think I paid around $10 for a 100ml tube though (in Canada)

Heres the Ingredients list:

Water,Potassium Stearate,Potassium Cocoate,Glycerine,Olea Europaea,Parfum,Dimethicone,Maris Sal,Tocopheryl Acetate,Sodium Cocoate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Limonene.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That one is on my list when I finish my shave creams. It comes on special under $3 at the local pharmacy here. I just need to wait...

Nivea shave cream had a new scent added to it a couple of years ago, didn't change performance but it did change the fragrance. It now has a new cologne type scent that is also present in some of their other Men's line items. I prefer the old as it was one of the first shave creams that I used with a brush so the new has fallen out of my collection.

Top Bottom