What's new

Palmolive shave stick

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I work with a native German, and he had a friend flying over here for Christmas. He asked me if I wanted anything, and I said a Speick and Palmolive shave sticks (I am getting low on Speick). Well, he couldn't find the Speick, but he brought two Palmolives. I asked how much he wanted- he said "don't worry about it, they are 90 cents a piece in Germany". They smell good, and I cannot wait to try it tomorrow. If they are even half as good as Speick I know I will like it. They have the "Gut 2,2" label on them.

Attachments

• $rsz_img_2165.jpg
    $rsz_img_2165.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 150
These sticks are great. I have mine at my mother-in-law's house right now for my shaving over the holidays.

Great stuff! Excellent lather and a pleasant, light smell nobody can ever associate with a urinal cake in a million years.

Great lather, nice cushioning and slickness. The scent is ok, but for the price and performance, I can live with it.:thumbup:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, just used this soap. Like Speick, it is ridiculous how easy it is to get a quick, slick lather. On the protection and slick scale this is right there with Speick. It also rinses off the blade easy. My major beef with Arko is that it can clog up my 1912 because it doesn't rinse well. On the first pass I have to remove the blade twice to clean it- I don't have this problem with any of my other soaps. Speick beats Palmolive in only one category- scent. Don't get me wrong, Palmolive has a very pleasant smell, but Speick just has something about it I love. I give this soap an A+.

Okay, just used this soap. Like Speick, it is ridiculous how easy it is to get a quick, slick lather. On the protection and slick scale this is right there with Speick. It also rinses off the blade easy. My major beef with Arko is that it can clog up my 1912 because it doesn't rinse well. On the first pass I have to remove the blade twice to clean it- I don't have this problem with any of my other soaps. Speick beats Palmolive in only one category- scent. Don't get me wrong, Palmolive has a very pleasant smell, but Speick just has something about it I love. I give this soap an A+.

Your experience is close to mine; both Palmolive and Speick perform top-notch (and rather similar) and I agree Speick has the better scent.
I have to add that the more I use Palmolive the more I like its scent and with Speick being 4X more expensive locally I use a lot more Palmolive than I use Speick these days.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Your experience is close to mine; both Palmolive and Speick perform top-notch (and rather similar) and I agree Speick has the better scent.
I have to add that the more I use Palmolive the more I like its scent and with Speick being 4X more expensive locally I use a lot more Palmolive than I use Speick these days.
At West Coast Shaving the prices are pretty close, but the shipping is probably bad for you. But I understand- it is around $3.50 for me to buy it, but my friends friend picked it up for 90 cent a piece in Germany. I just hope the guy visits regularly.

At West Coast Shaving the prices are pretty close, but the shipping is probably bad for you. But I understand- it is around $3.50 for me to buy it, but my friends friend picked it up for 90 cent a piece in Germany. I just hope the guy visits regularly.

I can get both in a 15km (less than 10 miles) radius in local stores; €1,09 for the Palmolive and just over €5,- for the Speick. Since performance is so close it is hard to choose for Speick though I don't have any problems paying €15,- for a puck....

I can't praise the humble Palmolive stick highly enough, it's ridiculously easy to lather and smells great. At 48p a stick it's a bargain too.

Top Bottom