What's new

Rediscovered my Progress

I hadn't used my Progress for a quite a while, and I have to admit that much of my frustration was due to the fact that it was badly calibrated. I know that shouldn't matter - but it did. Recently someone posted mantic59's video about fixing this yourself. I had tried this by hand once before but the handle didn't budge. Even though I knew it might prove to be the end of the razor, I wrapped the handle in an old flannel pillowcase, grabbed my Channelocks and had at it. Sure enough, it worked!

Of course, it doesn't shave any differently than it did before, but I'm enjoying it much, much more. It's once again my favorite razor.

I sold my Progress about 8 months ago; I hated it because I just couldn't get the blade to align properly. I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago who just loves his, so I decided to buy a new one (long handle). I couldn't be happier; I am getting consistently close shaves with no irritation at all using a Feather blade and the razor adjustment on 4.0.

I just got a new one on Friday, and I have shave with it twice now - simply excellent. I have been using '65 Slim and a 37C, but with the Progress it was simpler, more efficient, and just plain smooth. I love my Progress, and in fact I am in contact with Eric to get his Mergress mod done to mine :thumbup:

Top Bottom