What's new

The little bastone open comb from IB.just in time for Christmas

Christmas eve was good for deliveries. Among the last minute parcels was one from Italian Barber. I had ordered the little bastone open comb 3 piece, and was anxious to try it out. Since I was ordering, I thought I would add on some razorock classic cream and a palmolive stick. I wasn't sure how I would like it, and was a little concerned that it might be a little too aggressive for my taste, but for under $20, it was worth a try. The razor was absolutely beautiful when I took it out of the box. It glittered and sparkled like crazy. Pictures just can't do it justice. I wasn't sure what to expect for a scent of the classic soap (sweet almond/marzipan), but it is very nice.

So this morning I put a 7 o'clock black blade in the bastone, and started to build a lather with the classic cream. All I can say is WOW! The Gillette New is my favorite razor, and the little bastone just put itself in a tie at the top. The shave was fantastic, and was very similar to the new, but a little more aggressive to me. The handle is just a little longer than the new. I got a amazing shave, and no irritation, nicks or weepers. The handle has nice checkering, and it has a heft to it that feels good. I weighs 73 grams on my scale, compared to my new with a bar handle at 50 grams. For reference, my fatboy weighs 78 grams.

If you like the Gillette new, you really should try one of these razors. It is awesome, especially for the price tag.

$IMG_7266.jpg

Thats definatley on the radar for the new year then. Saw them on Italian barber the other day and was wondering what they were like. Thanks for the review.

Just wondering if you might have noticed an uneven blade exposure on your razor. I think i might be seeing it mine....just wondering

Thanks

Jim

Just wondering if you might have noticed an uneven blade exposure on your razor. I think i might be seeing it mine....just wondering

Thanks

Jim

I haven't noticed it. I just went to double check, and it looks even, and shaves even, so I'll say mine is OK.

I have that razor in the mail as we speak. First OC razor for me.

You'll probably like it. I haven't met one yet that didn't shave well. It could also be from my lack of exposure, too. :blink:

After using this razor for a while, I have to say it definitely is more aggressive than my news. I still like it, but it seems to work at its best with lord racers and astra sps rather than my regular blades. I still love it, though.

Top Bottom