What's new

Just took a ham out of the oven.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The house smells of cloves, honey, and brown sugar. I am letting it rest, but want to take a big old bite out of it. Ummm, ham sandwiches.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
sounds swell any chance of a pic?
No, I wasn't thinking, I was hungry. But it was rather simple. Twenty minute per pound, covered in foil. Then, for the last half hour orso, I made a glaze of brown sugar, honey, and cloves. It smelled, and tasted, heavenly.

No, I wasn't thinking, I was hungry. But it was rather simple. Twenty minute per pound, covered in foil. Then, for the last half hour orso, I made a glaze of brown sugar, honey, and cloves. It smelled, and tasted, heavenly.
What the...? You tease!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
As I had been told countless times before "pics or it didn't happen". For all we know you baked a can of Spam in a bowl of Rootbeer..:lol:

Sounds heavenly!

Went to mom's yesterday and had ham. No one else wanted the ham, so I gladly brought home a hunk that was a few pounds.

I love me some ham leftovers.

Fried ham and eggs, ham sandwiches...you get the idea.

I'm a ham lover and have converted a few folks with Alton Brown's city ham recipe. The crust/glaze is absolutely awesome. I am now the designated Christmas cook between my ham success and my homemade applesauce. My panettone, not such a hit.

You can get a little more flavor in the ham if you stab the whole clove into the top before putting it in the oven. I always glaze the ham at the beginning and spoon the drippings over as it cooks.

Yesterday I cooked a spiral sliced ham.I used 1 1/2 cups ginger ale,3 tsp ginger paste, 1 cup orange marmalade mixed together ,one half of the mix was used as a baste.The other half I mixed with the pkg of glaze that came with the ham.That was placed in a pan in the oven and allowed to cook down.The last 30 minutes of the cook time the cooked down mix was then poured over the ham.It was great.

Top Bottom