What's new

RIP Jack Klugman

Jack Klugman died today, peacefully with his family at 90 years old. I've had his picture as my avatar for several months now, as he was one of my favorite actors and a very good man.

Rest in Peace.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
A wonderful and beloved actor.

Loved his performances on The Twilight Zone.

You know, I have this bad "habit" of "predicting these things (sort of), someone in my BST post yesterday made mention of getting divorced and moving in together, so I posted the opening theme to the "Odd Couple" just last evening, go figure

...great show, great actor, loved him in Quincy, Mom and I used to watch that together faithfully on Wednesday nites when I was growing up.

(Similar thing happend when Andy Griffith passed, made a comment about him at work in the morning, found out he passed on the way home that night...)

I think that Oscar Madison is a great character, as done by Klugman. Oscar ranks up there with Jack Tripper, Ed Norton, and Frank Burns.

As I was reading obituaries, one thing that struck me was the role he played in the passage of the Orphan Drug Act. This law gives companies big tax breaks and incentives to create drugs for the least common diseases, and helps raise up patient groups that under normal economic circumstances, would not get the time of day from some of these massive companies. His brother, a writer on Quincy who had an orphan disease, read about this law, and two episodes devoted to it were aired, and the second, arguably, was responsible for securing passage. Great actor, and better man.

Top Bottom