What's new

Has Anyone Finished a Soap Before?

I am just curious if anyone has finished a soap or cream before? I still have a tub of Mamabears soap, Proraso, and a few others. I use them quit often, and honestly I think I can get a few more years out of them still!

I am just curious if anyone has finished a soap or cream before? I still have a tub of Mamabears soap, Proraso, and a few others. I use them quit often, and honestly I think I can get a few more years out of them still!
Yes, but mostly Arko sticks.

I've gotten through a couple VDH pucks. They go pretty quick. I also let the trash can "finish" some Williams once.

Yes; so far I've finished a VdH Deluxe (2 in fact), an AOS soap, a TOBS stick, and a tub of Castle Forbes cream. So as long as you don't have too many going at one time, you will finish them.

Last edited:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I have finished many a puck of VDH. However, lately I have been on a Godrej kick and the VDH doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I have finished many a puck of VDH. However, lately I have been on a Godrej kick and the VDH doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I was never a big VDH fan. I remember back when I had it in rotation I could use one up in about a week. It just never lathered that well for me without using LOTS and LOTS of product.

Actually finished? So far 1 cream and no soaps. However I'm 17 straight shaves into a puck of Ogallala Bay Rum shave soap and plan to stick with it until it's gone just to prove to myself that I can do it. When the Ogallala is gone I'll think about doing the same with one of my other 10 soaps.

Before I ever heard of B&B I finished lots and lots of (the same) soaps. It became a little harder after I discovered this universe of shavedom, that is for sure. Especially with 1kg bricks and 0.5kg bars it is getting much more difficult. This year I finished a stick of Palmolive (that was open for at least two years) and a tub of Monsavon (that I bought in the summer of '09). For '13 I plan on finishing a stick of Tabac (in use since '08) and getting through the last bit of my brick of Cella. When there is time (shaves) left I might finish a stick of Speick as well (open since '08 or '09).

You see, with patience it does happen. Slowly.

Yes! i usually stick to one until it is done.

That's been my method of late.

So far I have finished four pucks of VDH, a couple of pucks of Godrej Shaving Round, a puck of QCS Green Irish Tweed, a puck of Vintage Williams, and several tubes of C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream.

My shaving mug presently has about 80% of Erasmic Shaving Soap (the puck not the stick) that is on top of 20% of Praire Creations Walther's Shaving Soap (her interpretation of Vintage Williams), which is on top of 20% of a puck of VDH. If I ever reach the bottom, I have QCS, Tabac, and VDH on tap to replace it.

I have finished a few tubes of C.O. Bigelow and Real Shave Co. shave cream, a few Palmolive and Arko sticks, but never a full puck of soap. I was both thrilled and somewhat saddened to see the bottom of my Old Spice mug through a widening doughnut of Mike's Natural Barbershop. Fortunately I have a few extra pucks of Mike's in reserve.

The real challenge is to finish some middle-aged pucks of Tabac, Cella and MWF which seem almost seem lke they will last for ever.

Top Bottom