What's new

Has Anyone Finished a Soap Before?

I'll bet that was easy. That stuff is pretty soft.

Depends on which Surrey it was. There are two different Surrey's that I am aware of: a puck that looks identical to VDH Deluxe, and very likely is the exact same thing (Surrey became VDH), and a puck which is tallow based, which is a hard soap much like Vintage Williams.

I believe HoosierTrooper has both varieties in his arsenal.

I use Arko to shave my head, so I have gone through a few sticks. Otherwise, I still have most of the soaps I started wet shaving with 18 months or so ago. I keep thinking I'd at least like to get through the tub of Cella, but then I decide to use something else for a while. Meanwhile, I have another tab open with my West Coast Shaving shopping cart, with yet more soaps in it.

In one year, I finished a puck of Tabac, Arko, and 90% of a puck of MWF.
Along with that, also a tub of GFT Limes, tube of GFT Sandalwood, and a tube of SIM.

Shave face and head almost every evening.

I have finished a puck of Arlington and a puck of AOS Sandalwood. It's very satisfying. Plus you realize quickly if the soap is up to par.

Finished a puck of VDH Deluxe. Working on Col Conk Amber and Thee Fat. I have 15 sticks of Arko and I'll never finish that. At least not for the next several years.

I finished the first three pucks I bought: Tabac (that took forever), Cella, and Proraso.
After that my soap collection exploded, making it much more difficult to finish anything.

I actually just finished a tub of TOBS Avocado the other day and just in time for some Mike's samples to come in (I needed a container to put a sample in so it worked out great).

Before joining B&B it was vintage Williams soap everyday year in and year out for decades and I have never gave any thought about other shaving soaps/creams. I bought literally tons of vintage Williams without any knowledge of it eventually being bought out by Combe. I admit I am a hoarder in many things :thumbup:. I was so happy then before B&B got me addicted into trying other soaps and creams and this last 16 months it has been C&E shaving creams only. I started with the C&E Nomad tub and just finished the C&E Sandalwood tub and I will be working on the Sienna tub soon after I finish off my Old Spice Indian Shulton Original scent. I stick with what I open and rarely rotate around. Do I get the urge to try other stuff? ..Yes I do and that is why I have been staying away from B&B this last while and there is less temptations as a result:biggrin1: I have always been disciplined in sticking and using up what I opened up and as a result I know each product thoroughly well and I enjoy the end result of shaving consistency and predictability = BBS and easier to troubleshoot any inconsistencies which rarely ever happens.

I think the key is to keep your soap/cream purchases less than your usage. This is theory however, since there are so many good ones out there! Hey, it's better than not having enough selection. Enjoy your shave!

Yes, I just finished my first puck on Saturday. It only took three months. I doubt I will finish anything currently in rotation in the next year... or two.

Top Bottom